Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

What happened to Selmer Tenors?

The Mark VI. Wow. I played a dilapidated old six with no lacquer or even color, just rusty brass, and it looked like a jalopy…

19 years ago
by connsaxman_jim (2336 posts)

What sax is the best

what sax is thebest

19 years ago
by semipro (17 posts)

Godspeed Johnny Carson

I have to show my respect to someone who not only entertained us, but who gave jobs to saxophonists for 30 years. We'll miss…

19 years ago
by kneejerk52 (397 posts)

What to do

I picked Improvisation et Caprice for my next NYSSMA solo. Well, I have absolutely no clue why I did, but I did. It's too lat…

19 years ago
by kneejerk52 (397 posts)

Band Director in need of advice

I am a middle school band director and I want to get some info on equipment. I have been reading a lot about equipment and su…

19 years ago
by barimachine (323 posts)

learning sax

where can I download a tutorial how to play alto sax???

19 years ago
by ChicagoJammer (1 post)

what to look for when getting new sax

I'm just about to get a pro alto sax and i already have a list. I'm gonna try out all of the saxes, but the thing is, I exact…

19 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

Keep one or both?

I've got a little bit of a quandry. I am the proud owner of a 1967 141xxx Selmer Mark VI alto that I bought from Tenor Madnes…

19 years ago
by chiamac (586 posts)

Reeds

What is the best way to prevent mildew or black mold from forming on reeds?

19 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

What sax is the best

what sax is thebest

19 years ago
by saxman4 (2 posts)

LA Sax

Can anyone give me the run down on LA Sax? Are they any good?

19 years ago

Yanagisawa S-991 or S-992?

I am about to buy a new soprano and I know that I want a Yanagisawa (I just have a connection with Yanis over other modern sa…

19 years ago
by kesslermusic (8 posts)

Vintage and new saxes

More and more i see people getting vintage saxes instead of new ones cause its a lot cheaper. I'm just wondering which choice…

19 years ago
by chiamac (586 posts)

Altissimo for alto

Where can I find altissimo fingering charts for the alto

19 years ago
by eman19 (131 posts)

Ever heard of a Bently Sax

I found this instrunebt on the web, I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of them. Their site says they are"based in The H…

19 years ago
by frmtrumpet2sax (1 post)

Buescher true tone sax

I have a Buescher True-tone, low pitch soprano saxophone with a sn of 226xxx. Does anyone know what year this may be?

19 years ago
by kam30 (9 posts)

saxophone maintenance

Everytime I look at my sax, I see smudges and spit residue and I can't help but rub at it with my fingers. I really shouldn't…

19 years ago

trade in value

I have a Selmer Serie III SA80 which I purchased about three years ago, brand new. If you were to give a rating to saxs on a…

19 years ago
by definition (963 posts)

Yanagisawa or Mark VI tenor?

Hi, I am a high school student who is very serious about music and I am looking to purchase a new tenor saxophone. I am curre…

19 years ago

Tenor mutes

i havent played for a while and like to get back into it. but i live in a dorm and and people get upset when i start playing.…

19 years ago
by HarperLars (1 post)

Yamaha 82Z tenor

Hello I am considering buying a 82Z tenor model of Yamaha. I am playing an old 62 model and like an upgrade. Does anybody hav…

19 years ago
by sharp5 (4 posts)

used armstrong Vs. Selmer Bundy II Tenor sax????

Hi Team..... I am a brass playing looking at having a go on a tenor sax...I have two options(see above)....My criteria - goo…

19 years ago
by definition (963 posts)

Overtones?? i think this is redundant..

this may be a repost but i figured id go again.. i pretty much know what overtones are, and where they originate from. but h…

19 years ago
by phathorn (165 posts)

"i want u to play for me!!.."

duuuddde, i cant remember how many times ive told someone i enjoy playing sax and its one of my passions and they go.. " i wa…

19 years ago
by Firk (31 posts)

Yamaha YAS62 II vs. Custom Z

Can anyone offer advice on choosing between a Yamaha YAS II and a Custom Z. I'm leaning toward the 62II (I've played both), b…

19 years ago
by eman19 (131 posts)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).