Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

non leather pads

as a vegetarian i am looking for an alto sax that doesn't contain any leather i.e pads..... can anyone recommend models? i kn…

19 years ago
by SelmerParisPassion (59 posts)

rovner mouthpieces

i play on a yamaha 82 custom z and i am using an s 80 mouthpiece. I need a jazz mp, and have been looking at the rovner eagle…

19 years ago
by caduceus02 (6 posts)

wtf is this??? Buffing disaster?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16232&item=3774618891&rd=1 Check that out. I can't really tell from the pi…

19 years ago
by connsaxman_jim (2336 posts)

Different lacquor jobs, effect & effectiveness.

I have seen a bunch of different styles of horns out there; some that are straight, and some that are red white and blue with…

19 years ago
by invocansax (27 posts)

Ripped????????

Hi! When I was just entering intermediate band in the seventh grade (I'd only played for a year at that time and new next to…

19 years ago
by invocansax (27 posts)

DC Pro Sax

Does anyone out there know anything about the DC Pro Sax The owner / designer claims it is as good as the selmer. His websi…

19 years ago
by invocansax (27 posts)

Yamaha Custom Z

Hey everybody I just ordered a Yamaha Custom 82Z Alto. I havn't got it home yet, but im just wanting to know everyones opinio…

19 years ago
by nad1rn (37 posts)

Yamaha 875

Hey has anyone here tried that horn and if so what did you think. I am a player in college who is looking for a new horn. Tha…

19 years ago
by nad1rn (37 posts)

Selmer LTD 54 Artist Series Tenor

Hey all, I was just getting into playing the saxophone, and I was wondering if I could get some advice on buying a horn. I'v…

19 years ago
by pac1687 (1 post)

The sax players way of dealing with phone solicitors

Hey everyone, I am writing this post after MCI has called me 5 times in one day asking me to switch to their telephone servic…

19 years ago
by mooing_sheep (20 posts)

Online Appraisal

Im looking for a web site or other free reference where I can find an aproximate value on a few Sax's that im looking to get…

19 years ago

oo!! double posting, utt oh..

yea this is a double post, o well, maybe ill get more turnout if i give more of an audience to view it..?? ok, theres like 2…

19 years ago
by sax_braswell (22 posts)

little help

i have a problem. i play the bari and i play an intermediate antgua winds. i have a 6* otto link mouthpeice and a 2 1/2 vando…

19 years ago

Yanagisawa Saxes

Yeah I bought a yanagisawa a while back and I wanted to know what everyone would think of the T-991. I know it won't be very…

19 years ago

Ligatures??

ok, im just kinda wondering, ive been hearing a lot of crap about rovners about how they deadn the sound and whatnot, and im…

19 years ago
by Rben20 (35 posts)

The Underrated List

Ok, kinda random, but here's the start to a list of guys who are true masters of the horn but don't get NEARLY enough mention…

19 years ago
by BayviewSax (8 posts)

The Age Old Question (Yani 901 or Yamaha 62II)

This weekend, I'm taking my $2000 and buying a new sax. I am no longer embarassed by my preference of a new sax over the vint…

19 years ago
by Rben20 (35 posts)

yamaha 875

What do you guys think of this horn? I've played a couple of horns like selmer series 3 and reference 54. but i was looking a…

19 years ago
by nad1rn (37 posts)

Dave Guardala Alto?...any good

i have heard they are collectors.. well at least the DG401 BN alto.

19 years ago
by definition (963 posts)

Can anyone help me?

Hey, I just found this forum and its awesome. I live in Australia and I recently purchased brand new an Australian Brand of S…

19 years ago
by saxismyaxe (575 posts)

ottolink tenor mouthpiece

Hello, I was just wondering what u guys think of the tenor ottolink New York metal mouth piece? any suggestions?

19 years ago
by EdTheGreat (11 posts)

what is better Refernce 36 or 54?

I need help becouse i don't know what sax is better to play jazz.

19 years ago
by definition (963 posts)

simba

Does anyone have any experience with Simbas, particularly a soprano? Thanks for your help.

19 years ago
by chiamac (586 posts)

Reed Trimmers

Does anyone know about Rigotti reed trimmers? They come with and without a "regulator." What does the regulator do? Are they…

19 years ago
by eman19 (131 posts)

help needed

i have tried for weeks to find the sax parts of pink floyd i have even tried pink floyd publishers with out any luck.Does any…

19 years ago
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).