Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

frequency range of soprano/alto/tenor saxes ?

Hi everybody ! I regularly have trouble catching low frequencies with my clip-on mike, so before I buy a new one, i'd like t…

19 years ago
by phil22 (1 post)

Canadian Sax Players? BC?

Am I like the only member here from Canada? Anybody here from BC? Its a pity Canadian schools don't offer the type(and #) of…

19 years ago
by YanagisawA-901 (312 posts)

Cannonball Adderley's "I'm On My Way" from Album Sticks and Soul

I would like to know if anybody know how to get a hold of the song I'm On My Way from adderley's album Sticks and Soul which…

19 years ago
by Deacon Blues (12 posts)

A REAL Sax Mute... 6[dB] / 50% reduction in volume

I'm a professional Smooth Jazz Sax Muscian... Many of the forums I play at want a low volume performance... To meet this need…

19 years ago
by saxfortega (9 posts)

Vintage Sax calendar

www.vintagesaxcalendar.com Have you guys seen that? What do y…

19 years ago
by definition (963 posts)

Looking for the Baritone Sax...

I really want to buy a baritone Sax. However, in Hong Kong, all the musical shop are no baritone sax "in stock". If you want…

19 years ago
by sgt17594 (31 posts)

New Sop. player

I'm in 7th grade, been playing alto ever since i could take school lessons(4th grade). Last year, I started playing tenor for…

19 years ago
by saxlove (2 posts)

What would you answer?

Hey! I was at a gig and this guy asked me, "Are you a good player?" I really froze, cause sincerily I think I suck, but I rea…

19 years ago
by kneejerk52 (397 posts)

How to sell a sax

Hi, my name is Alyse and I'm new to this website but I really like it a lot! I was wondering if anyone could help me out, bec…

19 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

Tone Question

Ive decided i hate my tone..it might be decent for legit, but im not interested in persuing legit in life, im interested in j…

19 years ago
by connsaxman_jim (2336 posts)

best one for the money?

I haven't played in about 4 years, but I'm looking to get back to playing tenor sax. What does everyone suggest is the best o…

19 years ago
by connsaxman_jim (2336 posts)

This might be for the older guys..

Ok, im a junior in highschool and even though my skill level isnt nearly where it should be, or needs to be, im startn to won…

19 years ago

Best soli?

The sax soli line on Buddy Rich's "Groovin' Hard" has to be one of the best sax soli arrangements out there. Don Menza (of Ch…

19 years ago
by mintyfreshjam (48 posts)

Grafton Sax

I have a Grafton sax in not so good condition but repairable.It has 1 broken key, 1 key with no spring, Needs new pads althou…

19 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)

Buescher Saxophones

Can anyone speak to the quality of this alto saxophone? I ran across one for only $200, but I am hesitant to pursue it at thi…

19 years ago

Any good hankbook for Saxophone Player?!

As a bari. sax. player, any good handbook in the market? My ex-teacher is a Alto & Sop. player, although I got a lot of pra…

19 years ago
by sgt17594 (31 posts)

Soprano Saxophone Intonation

Hi. I finally found ONE soprano sax in the local stores, and tried it out. It was a Keilworth, selling for about $800, somewh…

19 years ago
by martysax (148 posts)

Classical Piece

I;m bored and need a challaging classical piece to play. Please post your favorite piece to play, that is classical. Make sur…

19 years ago
by a2g_cnaz (4 posts)

Holton Sax's?

I have not heard of these saxs before, and was wondering what models are professional and are they good reliable saxs, do the…

19 years ago
by Sax on my mind 99 (5 posts)

Are Karl Meyer Saxes any good?

Hi, I've got an option on a "cheap" Karl Meyer Tenor Sax - are they any good. What are they worth in good (no dents, good lac…

19 years ago
by Dabino (9 posts)

Young Ensemble, Mature Music..??

ok, were a young ensemble, mainly in age..our state of mind towards music for the most part is mature..we do have a piece of…

19 years ago
by sgt17594 (31 posts)

buescher soprano

I was wondering if this is a good soprano it is in an interstatemusic magazine my band director lent me. I currently play an…

19 years ago
by nannerla (9 posts)

buescher soprano

I was wondering if this is a good soprano it is in an interstatemusic magazine my band director lent me. I currently play an…

19 years ago
by nannerla (9 posts)

OOOO lordy lord...

ok, ive finally accepted the fact that growling is super hard.. my sax teacher the other day, for some unknown reason and i…

19 years ago
by Spike (248 posts)

Zeus Tenor Sax

Has anybody had experience with a Zeus Tenor Sax? I have heard some good things, but have not talked with anyone that actuall…

19 years ago
by lpye (1 post)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).