Saxophone Forum

by Kimsan
(2 posts)
16 years ago

Questions about Conn Naked Lady

I have had a Conn 6M, serial # 333778 in the closet for about 25 years. Was about to take it down to the music store to consign for a couple of hundred bucks, when I decided to look online to see what it might be worth. It looks like it is one of the circa 1950's Naked Lady series. It is goldtone with pearl colored keys. I have the original (beat up) case as well. Any idea what it might be worth?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jebobo
    (2 posts)

10 years ago

Re: Questions about Conn Naked Lady

Do you still have the Conn Naked Lady?

Reply To Post

2. by jebobo
    (2 posts)

10 years ago

Do you still have the Conn Naked Lady?

Reply To Post

3. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

16 years ago

That's a 1949 conn 6M! Great horn! I play a 1950 6M. If it's sat in a closet unplayed for a long time, it's likely to need pads, and possibly corks, etc. The value really depends on the condition. Prices are all over the place. The earlier horns (1934-1947) with the rolled tone holes are the most valuable. A horn like yours in good playable condition, with original lacquer, no dings and dents, etc. could bring $1200-$1500 depending on the market. It's hard to get that kind of money for them now. My advice is to look at completed auctions on eBay. That'll give you some idea what they're actually selling for. The abundance of quality Asian horns and declining economy have really hurt the market for vintage horns like yours. Unless you really must sell it, you may want to hang onto it for a while.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Kimsan
      (2 posts)

16 years ago

Thanks, Jim. I appreciate the advice. My son played it in high school band until a few years ago and it had new pads and cork then. It's pretty scratched up from me playing it all through jr high and high school band and then my son playing it. But it has no dents and has never needed welding (soldering?) or anything. But the only pressure to sell it comes from the need for closet space, so I will take your advice and hold onto it for a while. Thanks much! Kimberly

Reply To Post

4. by NurseFromHell
    (3 posts)

15 years ago

About 10 years ago someone gave me sax with serial number 262586 but I have no idea of it's age or it's worth. Tried looking on the internet but confused because of numbers on the back that reads: Pat Dec. 3 1914 1119954 A M 262586 A L What does this all mean? I am not a sax player, it was given to me for my daughter to play but she never played it. It also has original case and straps and a pamplet with guarantee information.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

15 years ago

assuming its a conn, its a 6m. the good kind. its about 70ish years old. its worth depends upon the laquer condition. (i assume its laquer, someone could have had it silver/gold plated, or the factory could have silver plated it). you expect anything from just under 2000 to 3500 for it. how come no one ever gives these things to me?

Reply To Post

1. by NurseFromHell
        (3 posts)

15 years ago

It is a Conn and gold-plated with etchings of CG Conn Inc LTD and upper part of naked lady underneath. What does 6m mean as their isnt anything on it that says 6m? The case is in excellent shape too. Sorry noone ever gave you one lol, its for sale now!!

Reply To Post

1. by Gusmos
          (1 post)

12 years ago

Hi,
          I'm the current owner of this Conn Alto Naked Lady :-)
          I've bought this sax via ebay and had it fully overhauled.
          It is a used sax but technical in pristine conditions.
          I prefer playing this sax above my Selmer Reference 54!
          Regards,
          Gusmos 

Reply To Post

2. by NurseFromHell
          (3 posts)

15 years ago

Oh and thank you for taking the time to respond to this, very much appreciated.

Reply To Post

3. by cuber
          (653 posts)

15 years ago

the 6m is the model.

Reply To Post

2. by swingstreet
        (315 posts)

15 years ago

I have a 6M. It's one of the best horns ever made. Don't let people with the Mark VI envy say otherwise.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
          (653 posts)

15 years ago

...selmerites and their ideas of superiority...

Reply To Post