Saxophone Forum

by Connman852
(1 post)
16 years ago

Lyre mount screw

Ok so i have a Conn 22M tenor sax, but the screw to hold my lyre in place is missing. Another thing, the lyre i bought for it didnt fit, so i had to file down the stem of it. No big deal, just wondering why this isnt something that is standardized in the industry.... anyway, if anyone knows where i could get the lyre screw, that would be great! Thanks Connman852

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Lyre mount screw

Hi fellow connman, That should be a standard thread size. I'm surprised the lyre didn't fit. Most repair techs and music stores that sell band instruments should have a lyre screw. If you can't find one locally, you can try www.wwbw.com, www.giardinelli.com or www.musicmedic.com. Music Medic sells replacement pads, tools and parts for techs. They should have one. Good luck, Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

16 years ago

Giardinelli and WWBW are actually the same now. www.wwbw.com/Allied-Music-Supply-Lyre-Holder-Screws-i84704.music This one might work for you

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Horatio Hornblower
        (1 post)

11 years ago

I've got the same issue with Conn Lyre Screws......I just cannot find any that fit!

I have a NW2 (Chu) Alto which has its original screw, but this screw will not fit my 6M Transitional or my 26M which both have lyre screws missing.

The original screw from my 30M Tenor does not fit either of my Conn Altos.

Does anyone know what the actual correct size is for 6M/26M?

I've tried the ones from WWBW & they don't work. I'm in the UK & I've tried a couple of tech's here but still no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Reply To Post