Saxophone Forum

by ollie1959
(2 posts)
11 years ago

Selmer (USA) Liberty Soprano and my TENOR set up.

Hello everyone. I'm a new member. I play Trevor James Horn Tenor with an Otto Link 6* and Vandoren V16 grade 2 reeds and a Rovner fabric ligature. This set up works well for me and I am happy with it. BUT next week I am also taking in a Selmer (USA) Liberty Soprano. As this only has the standard mouthpiece coming with it I am wondering what to buy for it. Does anyone think it's a good idea to just order an ebonite 6*, Vandoren V16 reeds and a soft Rovner ligature (exactly the same as I use on tenor) ? Does it work that as this set up works on Tenor for me so it will on Soprano? any advice gratefully accepted and anything you know about my new Soprano. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Selmer (USA) Liberty Soprano and my TENOR set up.

There is simply no guarantee that what works for you on a tenor will work for you on a soprano.  Why not decide the direction you want to go with your soprano once you have some experience playing it?

Reply To Post

1. by ollie1959
      (2 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Selmer (USA) Liberty Soprano and my TENOR set up.

Thanks for the advice. I was maybe jumping ahead thinking the standard mouthpiece would be way too small a tip opening. It never really occured to me to just play with the standard mouthpiece for a while! 

Reply To Post