Saxophone Forum

by tnbender
(4 posts)
10 years ago

Help to identify vintage Martin Sax

Hey guys!

I have a 1945-46 Martin Alto saxophone. Its SN 153XXX. Seems to be in great condition with original lacuqer. Im unable to determine the difference in specific models and need some help!

Thanks in advance!!!     

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

10 years ago

Re: Help to identify vintage Martin Sax

Wow, that's a beauty!  Martin Committee III, AKA "The Martin."  

Reply To Post

2. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

10 years ago

Looks like a beautiful "The Martin". This one is in very nice original lacquer. It's totally worth restoring. Contact us at Saxquest if you're interested in selling or having it restored.

Cheers,
         Mark Overton
         www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by tnbender
      (4 posts)

10 years ago

I'm certainly open to offers! I currently have it at a local place to go over it to get it playing correctly. It certainly won't require much work as ita truly a closet classic And has been well taken care of! I sell quite a bit on eBay and expect to list this as soon as I have it where it needs to be!

thanks for your interest! 

Reply To Post

3. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

10 years ago

You should give saxquest a shot at it since you are using their forum. You can also list here. Why leave money on the table by selling on ebay and paying their fees. Sell to those that appreciate it. At least listen to the offer. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

Reply To Post

1. by tnbender
      (4 posts)

10 years ago

I was unaware that saxquest.com was affiliated with saxophone.org! Anyone is welcome to make a realistic offer on it! It's in Beautiful condition! And I have not agreed to allow the local shop to go over it yet, so I can cease any work if you'd rather work on it yourself!

Reply To Post

2. by tnbender
      (4 posts)

10 years ago

Additionally , I'm sure those that are willing to pay 1500$+ on eBay would certainly appreciate it! 

Reply To Post