Saxophone Forum

by zenosax
(15 posts)
10 years ago

Tenor sax mouthpiece recommendations

Please recommend a good mouthpiece for a tenor sax Yamaha yts-275.  I've being playing the alto sax (for 3 years) with a Vandoren AL 3 Optimum mouthpiece(Hemke #3 reed), is this mpc a good option for the tenor sax too?  Please take in consideration that I've never played the tenor before.  Should I stick with Yamaha 4C mpc that comes with this horn?  I'll very much appreciate your comments on these matters?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

10 years ago

Re: Tenor sax mouthpiece recommendations

Jody Jazz has a great selection of tenor mouthpieces. I own 2 DV 7*'s and I really love the sound I'm getting. I also have a hard rubber Jody Jazz alto mouthpiece that I like. The DV's were expensive so I would suggest one of their tenor hard rubber mouthpieces with that YTS 275..

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by zenosax
      (15 posts)

10 years ago

Thank you for your recommendation I"ll look for the Jody mpc's! ????????????

Reply To Post

2. by GFC
    (842 posts)

10 years ago

There isn't any real answer to your question.  The Jody Jazz mouthpieces are good but expensive, i.e. worth it only if you really know what you want.  The best thing to do is try out some pieces at a store that has a good selection, to help you decide what's best for you in terms of tips, chambers, baffles, and outer dimensions.

Reply To Post

1. by zenosax
      (15 posts)

10 years ago

Thanks for the advice. ????????????

Reply To Post