Saxophone Forum

by tenormaz
(5 posts)
9 years ago

Curved Sopranos

Hello, I'm looking to add a new curved soprano to my collection of horns. Budget is tight much as I'd love a Yani or even a P. Maurat. I've been recomended Kessler and also Thomann custom 2, which fit the purse. anyone know about these horns

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Curved Sopranos

I think Kessler is a good online retailer because of their pre-sale setup and 3 day trial/return period.  Check their website for details.  Their products generally seem to offer good value.  Do you already play soprano? 

Reply To Post

1. by tenormaz
      (5 posts)

9 years ago

thanks for the tip although the 3 day thing wouldn't come into it really as I am in The U.K.I have family in the states who would ship it for me, as I don't think Kessler do. I do play soprano, I have a straight B.W. with improved action. I play tenor too, YTS 62 mk1. I am impressed by the company set up, I'm with you there. Dave Kessler has that love for saxophone it seems.

Reply To Post

1. by GFC
        (842 posts)

9 years ago

I gather that BW's curvie isn't in the running?

Reply To Post

1. by tenormaz
          (5 posts)

9 years ago

Reply To Post

2. by tenormaz
          (5 posts)

9 years ago

Reply To Post

3. by tenormaz
          (5 posts)

9 years ago

I have tried one out and wasn't overly impressed. Inotation wasn't easy to control but that could have been me over the short span of time.Do you have expierince with the BW curvie?

Reply To Post

4. by GFC
          (842 posts)

9 years ago

No, I was just curious.  Since you have experience with BW it seemed evident that there was a conscious decision on your part.  BW is a controversial brand.  

Reply To Post

2. by saxgourmet
        (127 posts)

9 years ago

http://nationofmusic.com/shop/saxophones/saxgourmet-curved-soprano-saxophone/

STEVE GOODSON
        New Orleans
        www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post