Saxophone Forum

by Claudia
(2 posts)
9 years ago

age of this saxaphone is? should it be restored? value?

I am not a saxaphone player, but my youngest sister was. My parents bought this saxaphone used and it was old then.  She played it all through high school. My brother recently found it in the attic.

The serial # is 8849, which according to your list is 1904. The star pattern is confusing though because a little research has suggested this is a student model. The serial number suggests it is old.

any ideas?

Claudia

I am unsure if the pictures downloaded. I hope they did.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

9 years ago

Re: age of this saxaphone is? should it be restored? value?

From the one photo it looks like a student sax. There was some overlap in serial numbers with student saxophones and vintage saxophone with many of the manufactures so it can be confusing. What brand is your saxophone and can you show a photo showing the entire sax? Thanks!

Reply To Post

2. by Claudia
    (2 posts)

9 years ago

It is a Conn

I tried to download anaother picture. I hope it works.

Yhank You,

Claudia

Reply To Post

1. by GFC
      (842 posts)

9 years ago

It looks like a Conn 50M, which was produced between 1960 and 1963 and identical to the Vito (Kenosha) model 38.  The serial number seems to be in the Vito sequence.  Unfortunately, it seems to be missing some parts unless you have them lying around somewhere.  The low Eb key seems to have been modified in a really weird and functionally-impaired way.  Take it to someone who knows saxophones and can identify all the missing parts.  The Conn 50M/Vito 38 is a good student horn.  It could be sold as a parts horn for a minimal amount.  

Reply To Post