Saxophone Forum

by GutsKnucklebone
(2 posts)
8 years ago

Buescher C Soprano Stencil

Hello, I am considering buying a Buescher C Sop stencil, made in 1922. I am aware that stencils generally have older tooling and are made from lesser quality materials. But would these be true of C sops? There weren't a huge number made unlike C melodys and Bb sops. I have to wonder if a C stencil would be that inferior to a regular Buescher C sop. Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Guts

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

8 years ago

Re: Buescher C Soprano Stencil

A Buescher made C soprano "stencil" would in no way be an inferior horn to a Buescher True Tone "named" horn in any way. It may not have snap in resonators as the true tone horns did, but most of these have been removed by repair techs wanting to make their job easier along the way.

The C sopranos were built during a time when not a lot in any changing in the key work of a soprano. All the same wonderful high copper content brass was used on whatever horn was being made at this time.

Actually a stenciled Buescher C soprano would be more rare than those marked True Tone if you want to truly compare apples to apples based on the numbers

Good Luck

Reply To Post