Saxophone Forum

by AltoAndBari2000
(1 post)
7 years ago

Any Professional Classical Non-Jazz Bari Sax Players???

Hi! I'm currently playing Bari Sax in one of the concert bands in my highschool. I've been looking all school year online for a professional Bari player that plays classical music so I can use a good reference of what a good Bari inside of an ensemble sounds like; But all that has come up online no matter how deep into forums and how many professional names I search, All they play is jazz. Is there any professional Bari Sax players out there that anyone knows of that isn't jazz playing?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

7 years ago

Re: Any Professional Classical Non-Jazz Bari Sax Players???

Jim Romain at Drake University is a great calssical bari sax player.

http://www.jimromainmusic.com/

Cheers,
         Mark Overton
         saxophone.org

Reply To Post

2. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

7 years ago

Re: Any Professional Classical Non-Jazz Bari Sax Players???

In the world of music and the world of reality, where people need to make enough money to eat, there are no professional Classica Baritone saxophone players.....

What you will find instead is a large group of professional saxophone players, all able to play a soprano, and alto, a tenor, or a baritone, depending on the gig. The good ones can sight read on the spot and simply do not have the time to spend hours learning and practicing a part. They are busy trying to make enough money to pay rent, electric, food, and music union dues.

My suggestion it to dig deep into Youtube and find those classical saxophone quartets with players you enjoy and find exciting.

AND PRACTICE..........

Good Luck

Reply To Post