Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

Where should I go to try new horns?

I'm looking to buy a professional grade alto... I live in Delaware and I already know that there isn't anywhere to go where I…

20 years ago
by barimachine (323 posts)

YAS-23

I have a Yamaha YAS-23 alto sax, bought new in about 1981 and now showing its age with a few scratches (but no dents) and a p…

20 years ago
by golferguy675 (600 posts)

teethmarks?

hi... just wondering.. after playing on my new sax for a while.. there seem to be teeth marks on it... issit supposed to be t…

20 years ago
by wesmiller (55 posts)

Ligatures

What's a good jazz ligature other than an Oleg? I've been using one for a long time, and I'm trying to find something differe…

20 years ago
by dmb_06 (3 posts)

From Alto to Tenor...

Hi guys I play tenor and I'm interested in playing alto. I got an alto but, the thing is that when I play the alto it sounds…

20 years ago

"Low Pitch Saxophone."

What is a so called, "Low Pitch saxophone?" It looks like a tenor to me.

20 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

Recording of me

I was just cleaning my room up and I found a recording of myself from a recital in december of 2001. I don't remember ever re…

20 years ago
by chiamac (586 posts)

opinions on grassi saxes...

i'm about to buy a grassi soprano from a friend. it plays really well....i like the whole feel it gives me...and its only $50…

20 years ago
by vintage-markVI (12 posts)

Rovner Eddie Daniels ligature setup

I have bought a rovner eddie daniels ligature for my jupiter artist series tenor. I use a selmer C* mouthpiece. This ligature…

20 years ago
by PIP (29 posts)

Looking for a bari in So Cal

I live in the sticks and can't find a bari to save my life!! I will be travelling between LA and San Luis Obispo in mid-Augus…

20 years ago
by rpeterka (1 post)

Yanagisawa ?

I recently came back to the sax after a 15 year layoff. I bought a pawnshop special and I would like to ask the help of the e…

20 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

Yamaha 82z

What do u guys think of the yamaha 82z?

20 years ago
by Kitch22 (98 posts)

which is better

I'm thinking about buying a keilwerth sax. I want to know which is better, keilwerth ex 90 or sx 90 can you all pls reply me…

20 years ago
by Kitch22 (98 posts)

Looking for selmer alto neck and opinions on them

Hi, I am looking for a selmer alto neck for my 137XXX Mark VI alto, preferably an older Mark VI neck, but balanced or super…

20 years ago

has any one heard of a deura saxophone

i was wondering if any one knew anything about a deura tenor saxophone? looking at buying a saxophone. wondering about this o…

20 years ago
by saxgrobie (86 posts)

Large Chamber Bergs?

Has anyone played a Berg Larsen metal mpc with the larger #3 chamber? What does it compare to, soundwise? Does it take a lot…

20 years ago
by Marty (7 posts)

Yanagisawa 880 tenor

Could anyone tell me a bit about this saxophone, for playing jazz and funk/reggae/ska music Is it a good model ? How much wou…

20 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

Ligature for alto sax EL7

I just purchased the EL7 just last week and needed some information on the best ligature for it.

20 years ago
by AnthonyB (1 post)

King zephyr tenor (annoying buzz)??!!

I recently aquired a King zephyr tenor (1938-) I've had it nearly 3 weeks and all of a sudden I'm getting this resonant type…

20 years ago
by wisewoog (5 posts)

Ska Sax Playing

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about saxophones in ska. I play sax in a ska band and I think it works, but I've he…

20 years ago
by Spunky2sax75 (75 posts)

helmke tenor saxophone

does anyone have any information on helmke, they've been on ebay, and i want a tenor for my own. i've always played on the on…

20 years ago
by bigbirdbass86 (4 posts)

wedding solos

hey, 've played bari for a year now, 1 year of alto b4 that, and i get to play a solo at my catholic stepmoms wedding in a m…

20 years ago
by Hexaclon (90 posts)

STUCK!

We've all had songs stuck in your heads, but what can be done to remove them? My best strategy is to go listen to the song a…

20 years ago
by Spunky2sax75 (75 posts)

tenor MEYER 5m mouthpiece problems

i just bought a meyer mp 5m no matter what i do or what reed i use it still sqeeks and chirps whats going on i have been usin…

20 years ago

Sax Lacquers

Can someone please explain what the different types of lacquers do to your sound? Example Black, Silver, Etc. Thanks

20 years ago
by chiamac (586 posts)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).