Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

greenstone mouthpiece?

hi im going to make a mouthpiece out of green stone and just would love to hear from anyone that might have done the same t…

19 years ago
by lance nz (2 posts)

P. Mauriat Saxophones

Hey has anyone heard of these saxes?-----im looking into purchasing one but I dont know enough about the horn tho! thanx, -j…

19 years ago
by jazzfool132 (144 posts)

Ere, what do you think of this then?

www.xaphoon.com I got a pay rise so I treated myself to a toy. Huzzah for toys!

19 years ago
by martysax (148 posts)

Tenor Sax Repair Madness!!!!!!!!

I have a really old Armstrong 3040 Elkhartind USA Tenor Sax. It looks ok but it doesn't play any notes above the middle D and…

19 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

Saliva

Hey Guys I'm having trouble getting the saliva to come out the bell of my horn. This is the first horn I have had that gives…

19 years ago

Silver nickel or Black nickel?

I am looking into a new professional sax. I am sure I want a Keilwerth SX90R, however I have not had any expirence playing on…

19 years ago
by Saxman2200 (64 posts)

How to double tongue?

Does anybody know how to double tongue on sax?I'm just curious.

19 years ago
by k.o. kid (14 posts)

yamahas man??

i dont get it..i played one and wasnt really impressed..it played very smoothly and evenly, but didnt wow me.. my take on it…

19 years ago
by martysax (148 posts)

value of a saprano saxophone

I am in possession of my father's saprano saxophone and was wondering how I could determine the value of it. The only thing I…

19 years ago
by SelmerParisPassion (59 posts)

Is my embouchure messed up?

After playing for more than an hour, my lower lip begins to ache from my teeth digging into it. The only part of my face that…

19 years ago
by reclininglion (5 posts)

Hissing when I blow

I play alto sax and dont seem to be able to stop that hissing sound when I blow. Also can anyone give me advice about circula…

19 years ago
by mooing_sheep (20 posts)

What is it that I'm looking 4??

Hey!! I was thinking about getting a new soprano mouthpiece since I'm getting sick of my selmer c*. I'm curentl using a morga…

19 years ago
by Sax Mom (964 posts)

Monique Saxophones

How are these saxophones. Made in china thats all i know. Does anyone know more about these?

19 years ago

Tenor Mouthpiece

I play alto sax and have played it for 4 years. Right now, I am taking private lessons from a professional saxophonist. Recen…

19 years ago
by k.o. kid (14 posts)

Saxophone history - Honours Project

Hey everyone, I've been playing the alto sax for 9 years now, and am finishing my fourth year University Music degree. I'm…

19 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)

Cannonball-Big Bell horns (good horns or waste of money)

For those of you who use this forum, yes I'm new. I'm looking in buying a Cannonball tenor, but since they are so new, it's d…

19 years ago
by jazzfool132 (144 posts)

Bari tuning issues

I've played only tenor for years (a Mark VI for 30, to be exact), but recently purchased a Buescher 400 bari (around a mid 70…

19 years ago

Help On Soprano

hey, i am getting a soprano for x-mas and my mom let me try it out. I had a great tone quality and a nice sound going, but wh…

19 years ago
by saxismyaxe (575 posts)

Selmer Reference - A Lifetime Investment?

Hello, I was thinking about getting a selmer reference 54 alto saxophone. I've tried yamaha 62, 62 II, 82Z, and 875 EX. And…

19 years ago
by sa80xc3689 (1 post)

Saxophone Enquiry

Might sound dumb to u guys but i just found a sax in my loft!! It's B&H 400, i'm sure it's not good but if neone could fill m…

19 years ago
by Andy S (1 post)

Transposing

I've got a piece of music in the key of C, and I need it in the key of Eb. I know nothing about transposing. Help me?

19 years ago
by InstantLunch (30 posts)

Jean Baptiste or MAXAM Alto Sax?

Anyone heard of these? Anything to say about them? I cannot find information anywhere but only find adverstisements. thank y…

19 years ago
by BCraw314 (1 post)

Need advice on best tenor sax under $1,000

My primary instrument is clarinet. I also play alto sax (Yamaha 52). I have started playing with a big band and they have me…

19 years ago

Help me out guys..

i kno im a dick or w/e and u dont like me, but this is buggn me.. i have a yani 901, my tone is getting a little better, it…

19 years ago
by senior (23 posts)

neck Replacement

Does anyone know what a good replacement neck make is? I don't personally believe in it but just in case the need should aris…

19 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).