Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

What would you prefer to play...

If you were invited to play in a saxophone quartet, what would you prefer to play: Sop, Alto, Tenor, or Bari? I'd prefer Ten…

19 years ago
by John Coltrane (84 posts)

Devils Workshop??

anybody heard of em?? im a new big fan of them.. they are a 17 man big band style jazz/rock/indie/ w/e u wanna talk about th…

19 years ago
by YanagisawA-901 (312 posts)

Conn 16M Saxophones

What are some of the opinions of other sax players about the little known Conn 16M Saxes?

19 years ago
by jazzfool132 (144 posts)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!DC Saxophones!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone heard of the DC Saxophones made in Taiwan? If so are they a decent horn to play. I have a YAS-23 and i think it is…

19 years ago
by jazzfool132 (144 posts)

Engraving Versus Sound

I know that on a lot of horns that are really cheap and student models getting them engraved makes no difference but i have h…

19 years ago
by Goldref18 (145 posts)

Re: cheap saxophones

There has been a lot of discussion re cheap saxes ie Helmke. Some say they're a load of junk, made in Taiwan, you should stay…

19 years ago
by Goldref18 (145 posts)

Need help identifying/determining value of Selmer bari sax

I can tell that this is obviously a Selmer, but I have been told that it could be a Bundy by Selmer. All it says is SELMER US…

19 years ago
by tenor562 (297 posts)

Keilwerth Saxophone

What is the correct pronounciation of "Keilwerth"? My guess is either KEEL-werth or KYLE-verth. Thanks Allaina

19 years ago
by Dabino (9 posts)

Help choosing first alto sax

I live in the UK and have seen an alto for sale in Costco advertised as an Arbiter Prosound Jazz II. Have been advised the Ja…

19 years ago
by Goldref18 (145 posts)

Hi

Hi my name is dabino and I was just wondering wahat everyone thinks about bently curved soprano saxophones?

19 years ago
by Goldref18 (145 posts)

TOO EDGY!!!

I play alto sax, and right now, I'm quite frustrated with myselft lately. You see, I play jazz and legit, but my tone can't s…

19 years ago
by connsaxman_jim (2336 posts)

What's your setup?

Post your different sax setups for each style of music that you frequently play (including the type of sax, reed, mpc, and li…

19 years ago
by doublerdad (2 posts)

Yamaha 61 Alto

How do old 61 Altos compare with the old 62s, and with the new Zs? Thanks.

19 years ago
by doublerdad (2 posts)

my original music?

Hey guys, I was wondering what do you guys do with you're original compositions? I like wana play them with my quartet, but I…

19 years ago
by wvujazzman (48 posts)

What kind of Bari?

Im currently playing Bari sax at my highschool and i kind of liek it, i was goign to try out for Columbus Youth Jazz Orschest…

19 years ago
by Goldref18 (145 posts)

"Overblowing"

ok, this year is almost a big reckoning for me in the fact that i cant squeak by anymore. im the best junior sax player at my…

19 years ago
by martysax (148 posts)

Reeds

Ever since I started playing, I've just used either Rico/Vandoren standard reeds, and I think it's about time for an upgrade,…

19 years ago
by Goldref18 (145 posts)

Free Music Sheet Link Here

Hi, I have been bulding a new site for free music sheets. no replies by AltoSax911 (1 post) 19 years ago

19 years ago
by AltoSax911 (1 post)

lx-primus tenor sax

can you tell me something about tenor sax lx-primus,copy of selmer sax.Thanks

19 years ago
by Goldref18 (145 posts)

what the..

all my reeds broke, so i bough a new box, the same as i always use, la voz medium hard. i sucked on it for awhile to get it w…

19 years ago
by Goldref18 (145 posts)

Kenny G accompaniment CD

Hi there! I am totally new to this, and know nothing about saxaphones, but I am looking for an answer to a question that nobo…

19 years ago
by sullivancrid5 (1 post)

english conservatoires

i've been concidering studying in europe for awhile, but recently i've been actually thinking of finishing my studies in engl…

19 years ago
by Spike (248 posts)

Legit Tenor Orchestration

I am a junior in high school now and i got the tenor spot in the most select legit group out here on the island. The thing i…

19 years ago
by Goldref18 (145 posts)

Any sugestions on a good cheap soprano sax?

I'm interested in buying a soprano sax. I don't want one that's really expensive cause i'm just a beginner. I heard of Antigu…

19 years ago
by YanagisawA-901 (312 posts)

Anyone know if Cannonball saxes are good?

I've got a 5 yr old tenor Selmer beginning sax and was thinking of buying a new one. I tried the Cannonball and I thought it…

19 years ago
by Goldref18 (145 posts)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).