Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

High school jazz band

hey! I'm a freshman this year, and I recently found out that I got lead sax in our HS jazz band. The only problem is, I suck…

20 years ago
by mandoman (8 posts)

The best care for a new tenor sax

i'm getting a new sax on saturday, probably a yani 901 or yts62II, and I want to give it a good 20 years or more. this sax is…

20 years ago
by YanagisawA-901 (312 posts)

Blue Lake

I recieved in the mail today a letter from blue lake fine arts camp stating that i was accepted into the international exchan…

20 years ago
by tenor562 (297 posts)

MARK VI NECK

does anyone notice that some of the mark VI necks dont have the serial # stamped on it? does this mean that its not the origi…

20 years ago
by golferguy675 (600 posts)

Who here bought the VI tenor?

I was emailed by someone named "melissa K" asking me aobut her sax, which was a 1959 silver palted VI tenor, with 2 meyer m/p…

20 years ago
by selmergirl (2 posts)

Which saxophone?

I'm looking for a new alto sax, and I tried a bunch yesterday at the music store (Keilwerth, selmers, yamaha, etc.). I didn't…

20 years ago

laquer or unlaquer?

hi guys! looking to buy a new yamaha yas62II or custom z... what's the diff between laq or unlaq??? is it just sound? how…

20 years ago
by saabtech (20 posts)

Key Clamps?

IF I'M TRYING TO KEEP MY HORN IN TIP TOP SHAPE...WOULD YOU SUGGEST KEY CLAMPS? or do they damage the springs? because key c…

20 years ago

Tenor Sax help!

Hello, I m new in saxophone, and i want to buy a tenor.Any suggestions? Anyone knows something about Prelude designed by selm…

20 years ago
by stabart (6 posts)

How much could I sell my old sax for?

I'm thinking about selling my old alto saxphone.(I'm saving up for a 1969 fastback Mustang, yeah baby yeah!) My old sax is an…

20 years ago
by saxgrobie (86 posts)

Tablas

This may sound crazy, but if anyone has a tabla, or set of tablas they want to sell, email me about it.

20 years ago
by SUBLIMEBEAT (4 posts)

How to growl

How do you make your saxophone growl? I keep on trying to do it, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.. Thanks, Kara

20 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

Got a question guys

this one is geared toward more of the experienced players, that are out of highschool and have moved foreward in their music…

20 years ago
by Hexaclon (90 posts)

So mutch Fake Books..

Hey dude! I'm planing to buy a fake book or a real book. I was thinking about buying the real bok (5th eddition). But I cant…

20 years ago
by Hexaclon (90 posts)

Yamaha Experimental Sax

I saw some pictures of a Yamaha 6X6 sax. It has the neck of an alto but the body was definitely not alto but a bit longer lik…

20 years ago
by la_sax_beginner (1 post)

{[] Young but experienced player in need of help []}

hey guys, i just signed up for this and kinda tryna get my name out here so ppl will wanna help me out when i need it... 1st…

20 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

Where do I get started?

I have a horn (a tenor) but don't know how to play and want to learn. I know I should probably get some private lessons (I'm…

20 years ago
by karebear1012 (395 posts)

Sheet Music...help!

Does anyone know where I can find cheap sheet music (used is great)? I am really looking for sheet music for the Pirates of t…

20 years ago

Good Jazz Listening

a lot of ppl in here might not be into jazz but i figured id throw up a post for some good jazz stuff.. i live in maryland a…

20 years ago
by barimachine (323 posts)

~[] Need Some Real Help Here Guys []~

this might not be real help, but i think it is... ive been postin a whole lot about new mouthpieces and stuff, and my privat…

20 years ago
by Hexaclon (90 posts)

Alto help for me again, haha

listen guys, i posted a thread up earlier and got a hell of a lot of responses, i thank you all a lot. ive been told that i…

20 years ago

Mouthpieces

I'm looking for 2 mouthpieces, tenor jazz, and tenor classical. I want possibly the best classical piece out there, then I w…

20 years ago

OMNI books?? help me out

Charlie Parker: Omni Book... good investment?? yes or no, im like really close to buying one, heard its the best thing for t…

20 years ago

How do I spruce up without relacquering?

I just got a used Conn Alto (student model from 1970)on which the finish has worn off completely in some places, to the point…

20 years ago
by Sax Mom (964 posts)

Saxophones on Ebay

I am looking into getitng back into playing a saxophone again. I use to play in high school some 10 years ago. I had a Conn B…

20 years ago
by chiamac (586 posts)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).