Saxophone Forum

by Willburforce
(1 post)
18 years ago

"C" Melody Sax

I would like to find a neck and mouthpiece for an unusual C instrument. No dents or damage to the horn at all, case is in great shape & only one vaalve spring is missing. The neck male fitind diameter is at one inch. Understand from a store here that my quest may be futile. I hate to see such a neat instruments voice remain silent. Hope to hear from some positive feed back.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Tbone
    (120 posts)

18 years ago

Re: "C" Melody Sax

C-Mel necks? I have a few. What brand is it? Finish? For a mouthpiece Beechler, Runyon and Morgan are making modern pieces for C-mels that use tenor reeds. Most old C-mel peices are very stuffy and the c-mel size reeds are hard to find and quite pricey! email me and I'll see if I've got a neck to fit your horn! [email protected]

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
      (575 posts)

18 years ago

Hey Tbone, Do me a favor my friend, look in the Saxquest Vintage Sax forum, there is someone looking for a neck for their Conn Wonder Baritone..it's possible a fine Tar Heal tech like yourself might have just the ticket! :) Cheers & Thanks. Michael/Saxismyaxe.

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
        (575 posts)

18 years ago

Oops, make that Tar "Heel". This site really needs a message edit feature!

Reply To Post

1. by Tbone
          (120 posts)

18 years ago

Hey Mike, Sorry but I sold the last wonder neck I had to Bariman (SOTW) but Luispa (SOTW) had one in silver plate on ebay and I think it didn't sell there.

Reply To Post

2. by Tbone
          (120 posts)

18 years ago

Another C-mel saved! Thanks for your business Wilburforce!

Reply To Post