Saxophone Forum

by saxmasterfunk
(18 posts)
18 years ago

New Band, New sax?

Im trying out for the top band at my high school. i was thinking that i might want a new sax. Any suggestions?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: New Band, New sax?

What's wrong with what you have?

Reply To Post

1. by woutanh
      (19 posts)

18 years ago

ah... yes the eternal question, ( i'm battleing with it myself as we speak...or...as i type, rather...) "should i get a new sax." i got into the top band at my high school on my student horn, when it was working fine. hence "sax mom's" first response. if there arn't any major problems with your horn, then it may not be worth the $2000-$4000 to buy another horn then the next question. are you planning to play outside of high school? if you find that you are having some major problems with your student horn, theni agrtee wholeheartedly that you may want a new horn. ( my situation.) if you find that you are willing to pay a lot of money for a new horn, then i agree sympathetically that you could get a new horn. ( my situation) and if you are planning to be playing a lot over the next few years and out of high school ( perhaps in a community band) then i agree completely that you definitly need a new horn. and seeing as how i've just typed a huge long entry ( becasue i'm a bit of a talker, ) then i'll let you think about ....stuff. happy playing with out an H

Reply To Post AIM

1. by chiamac
        (586 posts)

18 years ago

"if there arn't any major problems with your horn, then it may not be worth the $2000-$4000 to buy another horn" that's a lot of your parents money.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by saxmasterfunk
      (18 posts)

18 years ago

Yah, ill think over that "stuff", and it probably would be my money.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by woutanh
        (19 posts)

18 years ago

lol...stuff...it's so descriptive a thought.... you could get some money on a trade of your student horn.... however the student horn is good to keep around for marching, or anything outside where there is a chance of rain... me, if i had the money i'd keep my student horn. but if i every go marching, i'll borrow ( more like swipe) my band director's alto... which is in a highy suspect condition anyway. just a thought. woutanh

Reply To Post AIM