Saxophone Forum

by joetighe
(2 posts)
18 years ago

Soprano Saxophone - Epistrophy Video

I put a video on youtube playing epistrophy. Let me know what you think: youtube.com/watch?v=ad4ZydA21ew

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Soprano Saxophone - Epistrophy Video

Hey! I enjoyed it! I'm unfamiliar with the song, so I can't compare it to other renditions, though... Also, the the sound and picture were slightly off, so the sound came out slightly late, which is disconcerting, until you get used to it. I enjoyed the piece, the tone, and the opportunity to put a face to an identity! What kind of saxophone is it that you were playing? Only one critique from me. The ending was too abrupt, like you were walking away to stop the camera even before you were finished playing. (Part of that may have been the sound/video synchronization mentioned earlier...) but it would be somewhat better if you paused--for just a moment-- on finishing, before moving from the microphone (or performance spot). It would let us enjoy the music without the distracting movement so soon upon finish. Thanks again!

Reply To Post

1. by Seano
      (132 posts)

18 years ago

I'm not a fan of soprano sax in general, but you have a really nice sound on it :-) Good stuff Sean

Reply To Post

1. by bigred
        (43 posts)

18 years ago

DUDE THAT IS AWESOME! Epistrophy in my poinion is the best monk song and the changes are not easy. thats cool that you can play that song so well. great work. Also You have FANTASTIC tone! :)

Reply To Post

2. by bigred
        (43 posts)

18 years ago

DUDE THAT IS AWESOME! Epistrophy in my opinion is the best monk song and the changes are not easy. thats cool that you can play that song so well. great work. Also You have FANTASTIC tone! :)

Reply To Post