Saxophone Forum

by Dark Eyes
(138 posts)
18 years ago

Somethin' Else

Hey everyone. I just picked up this CD from the local music store. It is truly a masterful work of art. I was just looking through some CDs and happened to come upon this one with Adderley, Davis, Blakey, Sam Jones, and Hank Jones. Wonderful tunes. My favorite, though, has to be "Dancing in the Dark". The way Adderley just pours his soul into every note. Oh and by the way, this song, in my opinion, has one of the greatest entrances ever. I love it so. I was wondering if anyone else had had the chance to hear these wonderful tracks. Tell me your stories. :-) Cheers, Dark Eyes (unloved thesis)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by swingstreet
    (315 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Somethin' Else

All I can say is that this is one great recording. Adderley in top form, but then he always was. Dancing In The Dark shows just how strong his tone was, how lyrical he could play, and you can hear the Benny Carter influence. I always loved Adderley. One of my main influences.

Reply To Post

1. by threetenors
      (18 posts)

17 years ago

Ok, you've got me interested... Could you tell me the name of the album, and the label it was released under? It sounds like it would be quite a enjoyable album... Thanks

Reply To Post

1. by swingstreet
        (315 posts)

17 years ago

The name of this thread is the name of this recording. It's on the Blue Note label. Great recording.

Reply To Post

1. by Dark Eyes
          (138 posts)

17 years ago

Excellent recording. It reminds me of Kind of Blue except it doesn't have Coltrane.

Reply To Post