what are the average price for a horn of this age does anyone know

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

17 years ago

Re: 1947 selmer balanced action

do have any info on the condition of the horn or anything?

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by cherish22
      (5 posts)

17 years ago

Re: 1947 selmer balanced action

yes from what my friend says its in great shape ,I dont know much about them but he says it needs new pads,which he will get done.The horn has a lot of spots on it but I guess he says thats a good thing.He explained why it played better somthing to do with a laquer finish.Just trying to get a feel for what ti is worth he wants to sell it,he says its worth a lot.please respond maybe you know someone interested,thank you

Reply To Post

1. by WinstonWolf
        (3 posts)

17 years ago

1947 selmer balanced action

I own a silver balanced action SN 34XXX. It is actually what Chris Potter uses and it is great. As a 1947 horn, it is transitional; which means that it was made the last year balanced action horns were made, so they might not be actually balanced action, but Super Balanced action horns; you might want to check that out. The difference between the two are that the holes on the body are in line on the balanced. the other thing is the "remova-bell system" that was created with the Super, and that allows the bell to detach. if there are 2 scews around the ring between the bottom of the body and the bow, that means it is a Super. If you want to know how much it costs, you will have to let a good sax player blow it, and ask him wether it is a good or a fantastic horn... Then you'll have a to choose for a price, and maybe take it down a little bit if it doesn't sell ! Technically these horns cost around $5000, but it really depends on the quality of the horn... Good luck !

Reply To Post