Saxophone Forum

by wallsadm
(5 posts)
17 years ago

old sax need info

i have a buescher alto sax s/n 250516 silver in color under the s/n says lowtone, any help would be great thanks steve

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

17 years ago

Re: old sax need info

That would be a 1929 Buescher True Tone. Great horn! The Bueschers had the best intonation at the time. They are quite popular among collectors.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by wallsadm
      (5 posts)

17 years ago

thank you now i have a couple of other questions is this sax a bflat or c horn and what would something like this be worth

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

17 years ago

cant help you without a little more info, either need some pics of the horn, or if you could measure it without the neck from the bottom bow to the top, we can answer your questions

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by Donnie The B
        (282 posts)

17 years ago

Wall - If it is realy an alto sax, it would be an Eb instrument, even from 1929. They made C Melody saxes and Bb tenors as well. Answering the value question would be tough without seeing the horn. Check out the ads here and elsewhere to get some ideas. Good Luck.

Reply To Post

1. by wallsadm
          (5 posts)

17 years ago

ok i have 12 pictures of my sax how do i post them

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by Donnie The B
          (282 posts)

17 years ago

Even with photos, a valuation for your horn would include a range - I can guess in the dark: $400-$1400. Like I said, check out the ads here and elsewhere to get an idea. Remember the costs of re-padding and etc. and of course the mark-up required by a retailer.

Reply To Post