Saxophone Forum

by connsaxman_jim
(2336 posts)
18 years ago

MINT Conn 10M on Ebay, one of the nicest I've seen!

I was checking the Conns for sale on ebay and came across this beauty! This is possibly the nicest all-original 10M I have ever seen! It's a Naked Lady from 1956! Take a look at the pictures, the certification, etc. AND....currently the bid is still under $1000! cgi.ebay.com/CONN-10M-NAKED-LADY-TENOR-SAX-MUST-SEE_W0QQitemZ330035686960QQihZ014QQcategoryZ16234QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Radjammin
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

Re: MINT Conn 10M on Ebay, one of the nicest I've seen!

I have been shopping late 1960's 10M as Saxismyaxe on SOTW said they were a good deal. Not very poplular with collectors but still a 10M. I see them going for around 400-600. On the super cheap side for a 10M but again, I know these aren't 40's 50's 10M but hey I still think it would be a nice horn for the price. I saw a 1967 10M with underslung octive key go for 600 bucks. They have that newer Laquer look but they look quality in line with a 52 or 62 for alot cheaper. They also don't normally have the Naked Lady on them, just the generic logo.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Radjammin
      (255 posts)

18 years ago

Hey Jim when you going to write me a good Sax Editorial on any Manufactuer or Instrument Model? Your fans are waiting.... www.vintagehorn.com

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

18 years ago

Curious that this horn did not get higher bids, huh?

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

18 years ago

That's just the way it is with Ebay sometimes. I've seen people bid horns that I wouldn't want to pay more than $100 for up over $500, and yet not want to pay over $800 for a horn that's worth $2000 or more! I think it all depends on who's looking and at what time. Sometimes people are turned off by a reserve price. Perhaps it's better to set the opening bid at the least amount that you would be willing to take for the horn. At least, the bidder has some idea what you're looking to get out of the horn. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Radjammin
        (255 posts)

18 years ago

I agree, When I see reserve I think Noob Seller. Some old dude that wants 3 times what it's worth on the reservere. Or some sneaky seller that will drop it at the last min. If I see a reserve, I just move on.... If you don't want an item to sell for too litte, do a completed Ebay search so you can see exactly what the going rate for your horn is. If thats ok with you set the inital price a few hundered under that. Then sit and wait.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by Roccosm
      (113 posts)

18 years ago

Hi Jim, I seen the Horn, I live on ebay sax section, it di not sell, have You seen the horn that vintage sax has on there site a Conn 10 M , I have never seen amore perfect Conn. SN is 31988xx, Just got a 16 M that has a great tone, Love the Conn's. R

Reply To Post

3. by Roccosm
      (113 posts)

17 years ago

Hello Jim, I am very confused about the Conn's, Can You give me a time frame of the Conn Tenor I should be looking for. Maybe a serial number rande. Thank You.

Reply To Post