Saxophone Forum

by Practice,practice,practice!!!
(14 posts)
17 years ago

Does a Conn New Wonder Series II need "special care"?

Does my Conn New Wonder Series II a particular way of taking care of it (clean, special case...etc...)?. I thought that maybe being a Vintage Sax made in the 1930's it really need a "special care".How to care of it properly?.Thanks in advance, fellas!.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Does a Conn New Wonder Series II need "special care"?

Practiceman- You care for that horn the same way as any. Dry it inside and out after use - to put it simply. Try to dry around each tone hole as well as possible to cut down on corrosion. Try to dry each pad to make them last. Get a neck swab & run it through after use. Run a hanky or etc through the mouthpiece. And get or make a body swab (I made mine). Just watch out about getting stuck in the bottom bow. Any body oil, sweat or saliva that does not stay on the horn does not hurt it. And if you can learn to do this faithfully while young - it will stay with you. Just remember when you think you have to cut and run that you're hurting your horn. By the way, that's a nice sounding horn you have. Good Luck.

Reply To Post

1. by Practice,practice,practice!!!
      (14 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Does a Conn New Wonder Series II need "special care"?

Thanks in abundance, Donnie!. I just was wondering if this horn, being a Vintage one, needs some special different care than newer horns.The way you recomend me is the way i'm trying to care this beautifull piece of history.Yes, the sound is greaaaaat.

Reply To Post