Saxophone Forum

by plummington
(10 posts)
17 years ago

sax identifcation

hi I need some help on a sax I've seen to identify the model etc , it's a selmer and it's old , it has a serial no : 383098/ patent 27698 any help would be grateful thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Cor
    (4 posts)

17 years ago

Re: sax identifcation

Question ..have you ever found out more about this selmer sax?? I have a similar one... (383098)

Reply To Post

2. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

17 years ago

if this is indeed a selmer paris with that serial, its a mid to late 80's super action series II. one of the earliest of this model.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Cor
      (4 posts)

17 years ago

Well yes it is...I have been looking all over the place to find info about it..but even at selmer.com they did not even cared to reply to the email messages i've sent them. All i need to know is an estimate value for insurance purposes!! I am not yet thinking about selling.. cause i know both saxes are worth something and without me knowing at least an estimate value i do not want to fall victim to dealers who buy it cheap from me, telling me its THE best prize and then sell them for 5 or 10 times the value they paid me!!! I do not have ANY knowledge of saxophones at all and looking for some objective assistance :-)

Reply To Post

1. by barisax999
        (400 posts)

17 years ago

unfortunately these horns dont pull a ton of money. they are not considered by most to be truly "vintage" nor are they commonly seen as good the modern versions of the super actions. if its in excellent condition and plays very well its probably worth just over $2000. this is just a very rough estimate and it is a fluzuating market. for insurance, you can probably get it appraised for about 2500. these are just guesses m putting together from some things ive seen lately

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Cor
          (4 posts)

17 years ago

Okay.. well thanks for the assistance..it's appreciated!!!

Reply To Post