Saxophone Forum

by srGal
(7 posts)
17 years ago

Finding a Selmer Paris Mark VI

Hello all ! I was in Paris last week and I tried to find me Mark VI Tenor. I Was in 3 different stores and they didnt have this kind of saxaphone availble. So, Were can I find a good Mark VI Tenor to buy?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mjohnnie
    (66 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Finding a Selmer Paris Mark VI

errr... Have you tried the vintage sax link on this site? I bought a mark VI from saxquest a little over a year+many gigs ago. I'm EXTEMELY happy with the horn and service. ((unsolicited)) -Johnnie

Reply To Post

1. by swingstreet
      (315 posts)

17 years ago

They're all over the place. Try all of the vintage sax sites. However, don't discount other horns that are just as good. I know there are those who say there was never any sax better, but I and many others here would disagree.

Reply To Post

1. by srGal
        (7 posts)

17 years ago

Its a trricky buy because you can never know who was the owner of this horn. I looked over SaxQuest Vitange saxaphones and I didn't find a thing.. someone can send me to some web that I can look for a Mark VI ???

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
          (575 posts)

17 years ago

Not to pick on you srGal, but if you are serious about buying a nice, professional, vintage horn such as a Mark VI, it bears mentioning that the instrument is spelled "Sax-O-phone", not "Sax-A-phone". Good luck on your search, MKVI horns are everywhere, but be prepared to demo a few and part with the big bucks for a good one. Best of luck.

Reply To Post

2. by mjohnnie
          (66 posts)

17 years ago

Don't know what browser you're using ,srGal, but I see no less than eight unsold mark VI tenors of varying condition/prices in the vintage sax section of this website. The selmers start on page two of the listings.

Reply To Post