Saxophone Forum

by kennyz
(31 posts)
17 years ago

Replacement parts for a "B" Alto

Hello to everybody, I have a Buescher Big B s/n 303XXX that has lost the last part of the octave mechanism (besides the neck screw). Precisly, there are not the small "cube" of brass that insert on the iron pivot and the following mechanism that operates the noose of the neck. A solution would be to buy another sax like this, even if in bad conditions also for springs etc.... But in alternative, someone can tell where I can find these parts, replacements or rebuilted? Thanks for help

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxismyaxe
    (575 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Replacement parts for a "B" Alto

Contact Tbone, who is a fantastic tech and member of this forum, as he will be able to help you.

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
      (575 posts)

17 years ago

Another lead would be Gayle of Vintagesax.com, as she specializes in Buescher horns.

Reply To Post

2. by swingstreet
    (315 posts)

17 years ago

Generally, there is no such thing as spare parts for vintage saxophones, unless you buy an old horn at a cheaper price for that purpose. It's generally impossible to find individual spare parts for old horns. You can inquire vintage dealers if they have any spare parts, but it's doubtful they do. Look for a cheap beat up old horn that is the same model and just use the parts from that. Your best bet is to bring the horn to a qualified repair tech and let him see what he can do. You never know, maybe he has a spare part floating around he would be willing to sell you, but I wouldn't really bet on it.

Reply To Post