Saxophone Forum

by Blind_Sax
(11 posts)
17 years ago

What are the pros of Vintage?

hey guys, im looking to get a new sax because the one i formerly owned was stolen! i saw a vintag and was wondering if its the best choice.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mjohnnie
    (66 posts)

17 years ago

Re: What are the pros of Vintage?

Ummm... a vintage what? Sorry about your horn. I've lost a couple myself.

Reply To Post

2. by Blind_Sax
    (11 posts)

17 years ago

sorry, a vintage sax guys.

Reply To Post

3. by swingstreet
    (315 posts)

17 years ago

The best choice of sax depends on several things, sound and playability being the most important, and your budget. If you already played a new sax, you might have difficulty adjusting to the ergonomics of an old horn, as they are different and often awkward. The best thing is to determine your budget, what you can afford, and then try out as many horns in your price range as is possible, new and vintage, and then make your decision based on how the horn sounded and felt. Research all the horns you can. Read the posts here. Many deal with these issues.

Reply To Post

4. by Saxyboy
    (52 posts)

17 years ago

Refer to the Approved Brands list by Connman Jim under the High School horns section. Add Steve Goodson, Gary Sugal and P. Mauriat horns to the list. Read the discussion titled Best Sax (in this section?) and Are Modern Horns Not As Good (this section) for more ideas. But the old swinger tells it straight. Do not buy blind. Try as many as you can. Use your private teacher to help. Don't have an instructor? Get one - what are you waiting for?

Reply To Post

1. by Saxyboy
      (52 posts)

17 years ago

The Best Sax discussion is in the Welcome section.

Reply To Post