Saxophone Forum

by saxguy82z
(6 posts)
17 years ago

case for cannonball?

Hey im looking for a lightweight hard case for my cannonball tenor. I am looking for something like a flight case. I was going to get a Bam softpack case but i dont think it will fit. Does anyone know for sure. What about SKB, Gator, does anybody know of other good cases that will fit a cannonball. Im not really looking for something witha wood shell though. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by bleeding-gums
    (5 posts)

17 years ago

Re: case for cannonball?

try www.saxophones.co.uk and check out there bags, they have a biggggg range

Reply To Post

2. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

17 years ago

i play on a keilwerth tenor and face the same problem, wide bow and a big bell. right now i have a contoured p. mauriat case that works pretty well. its a tight fit, but works great... especially for $75!!! walt johnson used to make some cases that would fit, you may be able to find one used. im fairly certain he doesnt do that anymore. other than that, you have reunion blues gig bags, thats about it as i have found, if anybody has anything else, i am curious as well

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by reedrage
      (21 posts)

17 years ago

Please ,please,if you know anything about this please reply.I just bought a 1951 Buescher 400 T.H.&.C.alto.The original case is really beat up.Because of the bell shape noyhing I have tried works.I was told there are universal cases that mold to the shape of the instrument.????????

Reply To Post

1. by saxmanng
        (1 post)

16 years ago

BUMP I love my Big Bell Stone Series Alto and would love to get a flight style case for it. WWBW had a Walt Johnson case for keilworth a while back, but not any more. Any Cannonball guys on here have a solution?

Reply To Post

1. by saxguy82z
          (6 posts)

16 years ago

I believe pro-tec makes a case for larger bell horns. i think they are the people that make the cases for Mauriat, which also have larger bells, but not quite as large as CB. Otherwise you could try a gig-bag for lugging it around, thats what i ended up with, im just extra careful when hauling it around.

Reply To Post

2. by RyanCannonball
          (45 posts)

16 years ago

Hi guys, We too have looked around for a flight case we can recommend for our Big Bell saxes, but after considering fit, durability, price point, etc., we didn't find anything we were comfortable recommending. So we're developing our own. It's turned out to be quite a project because we want it to be perfect before we release it, but the good news is we're putting the final touches on our (hopefully) final prototype right now. So the Cannonball form-fit / flight case will be available in stores soon. How soon, I can't say, but I'd expect it in the next few months. For sure in time for a 2008 Christmas present :) Thanks, Ryan

Reply To Post

2. by RyanCannonball
        (45 posts)

13 years ago

Hi guys, thought I'd post a follow-up on this: Cannonball Compact Cases have been out for a couple of years now. A few of our artists have carried them around the world and love them. They're made for Big Bell saxophones, but are designed to snugly fit Vintage Series saxes too. You can see more info here: cannonballmusic.com/cases.php or at your local Cannonball dealer. And of course, if you have any questions on them I'll be happy to answer! Cheers, Ryan

Reply To Post

1. by Saxquest
          (420 posts)

12 years ago

Hey Ryan-

Do you know if these will fit Keilwerth saxes too?

Thanks,
               Mark Overton
               www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by RyanCannonball
            (45 posts)

12 years ago

Hi Mark,

I've personally seen a SX90 alto in one of our Compact Cases, and it was very snug all around - quite a nice fit. Can't say for tenors though.

Take care,

Ryan

Reply To Post