Saxophone Forum

by mzehe916
(2 posts)
17 years ago

1913 Conn Tenor Saxophone

I found this old Tenor while helping clean out an attic. Knowing that I play sax, they owner's grandson without hesitating gave me the sax. I've had it for about 8 years now, and am now just starting my journey to find out more about this sax. I've visited any sites but am rather confused on the history of this sax. Based on the serial number I know it was made in 1913 (correct me if I'm wrong). But I can't find any info on this sax that will lead me to firmly believe this. Here are the facts: Union stamp, engraving on the bell, serial number looks like this: T 299XX II Any idea or more details about this sax would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. My questions are focused on rarity, high/low mhz, original pictures. Thanks again.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mzehe916
    (2 posts)

17 years ago

Re: 1913 Conn Tenor Saxophone

I figured it out. T is for Tenor (duh, it took me a while to solve that mystery, and the "II"is actually an "H" for high pitch. Problem solved, look ma, I did it on my own. But I would still like to know the rarity or value of such a horn.

Reply To Post

1. by saxismyaxe
      (575 posts)

17 years ago

Re: 1913 Conn Tenor Saxophone

Unfortunately that little "H" answers your question, for the worst. Being a high pitched horn, it's real worth is literally negligible. No modern instruments will be in tune with it, and demand for these is non existent. Keep it for display, or play it solo for your own amusement.

Reply To Post