Saxophone Forum

by srGal
(7 posts)
17 years ago

About Selmer Mark VI

ok. I dessided to buy one and i need your adcive. wich verson of Mark VI is "the best" ? 60's adition or the 70's? thank you

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

17 years ago

Re: About Selmer Mark VI

I've played about a dozen Mark VI tenors and own a 1961 model. People say there is a lot of variation in these horns, but I don't hear myself any differently from one to another. The 180,000 and up serial numbers may well be less desirable, so I've heard. I have not played one of these. As far as price, the late 5 digit serial numbers (appx. 1957-1962) seem to command the most. Even though I own one, if I needed another, I might go for a mid- 1960's model to save some bucks. But being the vintage horn snob that I am, I'm just jonesing to get my hands on a Super Balanced Selmer. The key thing is to try out whatever horn you are considering. Try as many as you can. Take your time and be patient. Buy the one you love. Take care of it and keep it for 45 years like I have. Good Luck.

Reply To Post

1. by srGal
      (7 posts)

17 years ago

Re: About Selmer Mark VI

thank you. I will meet one guy with horn from 1963. I hope that it will be the one. the price : 5000$.

Reply To Post