In my band audtion music there

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by newreedsyndrome
    (343 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Rythmical Issues

I don't blame you. Give your band teacher my disregards. I don't know of an official, idiomatic way of counting 32nd notes, but fear not. Try thinking in cut time, so that eighth notes become the beat, and then just use the 1-e-and-a method, like 16th notes. This is called subdividing.

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Rhythmical Issues

You could also add an "ah" after each piece -- might sound weird, but... One-ah-E-ah-and-ah-a-ah... I love the a-ah at the end...

Reply To Post

1. by rachel92491
        (28 posts)

17 years ago

lol i found a good way today. LE TA LAY TA. i was geting help with my audtion music from my band director and when he asked how i was counting the 32nds and i said bleh. he laughed and then taught me and my assistant band director how to count them.

Reply To Post

1. by CountSpatula
          (602 posts)

17 years ago

LE TA LAY TA? Did you mean 16ths or 32?

Reply To Post AIM

2. by Azsax
        (47 posts)

17 years ago

i count them like 16th notes. say there are 8 32nd notes on one beat. i think one-e-and-ah-two-e-and-ah, and then go to the next beat. there may be a more official syllable for it, bit this works for me. check out the robert starer rhythmic training book. most likely, he explains a process in it.

Reply To Post

1. by rachel92491
          (28 posts)

17 years ago

nope i meant 32nds.

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
            (964 posts)

17 years ago

So, why did people go back to spelling "Rhythmical" incorrectly in the subject line?

Reply To Post

1. by rachel92491
              (28 posts)

17 years ago

heh because i have bad spelling issues and noticed after i posted it and i couldnt figure out how to edit it. forgive my spelling problems, thats why i do band=]-

Reply To Post