im in a dessperate need of a c

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

17 years ago

Re: The Chicken or The Funky Chicken

Not sure, but are you looking for "The Chicken Dance" or "Dance Little Bird"? If so, you could play it in one of several keys, with only two chords... C G7 D A7 B F#7 Bb F7 etc.

Reply To Post

1. by Jay69
      (5 posts)

17 years ago

Neither sorry, its mainly played in big bands on recordings, such as Jaco Pastorius. But its also arrangeable in small combo groups Thanks a lot though x

Reply To Post Yahoo! ICQ

2. by The Insomniac Saxman
    (141 posts)

17 years ago

Here are the changes: ||: Bb | Bb | Bb | Bb | | Eb | Eb | D7 | G7 | | C7 | C7 | C7 | break | | Bb | Bb | Bb | Bb :|| I'm sure you can probably download a recording from iTunes or somesuch . . . Jaco recorded it twice, I believe . . . and I think it was originally written by someone from James Brown's band . . . the head should be easy to transcribe--it's only 16 bars . . . and for the most part it's a unison line (except for the background figures over the C7 chord). Best of luck!

Reply To Post

1. by The Insomniac Saxman
      (141 posts)

17 years ago

Here's a link to an excerpt of Rick Latham and the Groove Doctors playing The Chicken (with Albert Wing on sax) . . . it has most of the head (except for the break) . . . the line over the C7 chord is the same for all three measures. www.ricklatham.com/livechick.mp3 The notes/rhythm for the break (in 4/4) are as follows: Bb (16th note)-Ab (8th note)-F (16th note)-16th rest-Eb (8th note)-Db (16th note) -16th rest-Bb (16th note)-Ab (8th note)--8th rest-Bb (8th note) . . . basically your garden-variety Bb minor pentatonic scale. That should be all you'll need . . . Best of luck!

Reply To Post