I really need help in finding

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

17 years ago

Re: College Audition Music For Tenor

you can do the villa lobos. its written for soprano and many professors look down on it being played on tenor, depends on who you play for. but for simply your audition, it will do fine

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by Azsax
    (47 posts)

17 years ago

Hartley Sonata ( Dorn) Schmidt Sonatina (Western International) Also check out the Teal Tenor Solo's book (Schirmer) The Ferling and Small etude books work well, too. Do you need to audition with a pianist?

Reply To Post

1. by Jsax0420
      (4 posts)

17 years ago

i'm not sure, i know i can get one if i need one though

Reply To Post

2. by Jsax0420
      (4 posts)

17 years ago

thank you for your suggestion btw

Reply To Post

1. by Dark Eyes
        (138 posts)

17 years ago

One piece that I auditioned with a the beginning of college was Caprice en Forme de Valse by Bonneau. This piece is very melodic but is extremely difficult. It is unaccompanied and is meant for alto but sounds almost if not better on tenor. I auditioned on tenor and it was fabulous. It might take some time practicing but it is a piece that will astound those for whom you play it. I attatched a link to a cd with an excellent version played on alto. I modeled my playing after this guy's style because he was the most lyrical that I had heard. Good luck on auditions www.amazon.com/Caprice-Nicolas-Prost/dp/B00007IT2B/ref=sr_1_1/104-7281028-4319160?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1182878202&sr=8-1 Dark Eyes

Reply To Post