I'm looking for a killer class

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by newreedsyndrome
    (343 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Quality Classical Tenor Mouthpiece

Rousseaus aren't bad. A little thin, though, I think. I haven't tried the Vandoren classical tenor pieces yet, so I dont know how they compare. I dont like Morgans classical stuff in the least, but their jazz pieces are pretty nice. If you can get your hands on a good Selmer Soloist (a vintage one, not the newer production ones; the rubber isn't as good a quality on the new ones) in a C or D facing, that might be what you're looking for. That's what I use, and I like it a lot.

Reply To Post

1. by thelittlemarchingone
      (50 posts)

17 years ago

I play a Rousseau open... And I really love it! I compared it to Vandorens and I felt that it certainly had a more rich and full sound in comparison, and plus I liked the price that came along with it. I would say certainly give thsoe a try in comparison to the Vandoren, when I was trying mouthpieces for my tenor those were the two I came down to... Good luck!

Reply To Post

2. by WMcLean
    (12 posts)

17 years ago

Been there .... done that. Highly recommend that you try the Siguard Rascher and R. Caravan mpcs. Both you can find at shop.classicsax.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=110 Have fun ! W.

Reply To Post

1. by CountSpatula
      (602 posts)

17 years ago

Morgan 3C.

Reply To Post AIM