Saxophone Forum

by jkoosed
(2 posts)
17 years ago

new pro Buffet alto sax

I'm considering buying a new Buffet 400 series professional alto sax. What are people's thoughts on this sax?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxman123
    (5 posts)

16 years ago

Re: new pro Buffet alto sax

I have a SuperDynaction from the 60's and it seems they were not as sort after as the Selmer Mark VI. It is a fairly heavier sax than its size indicates. The sound is clean, action good seems more a classical horn than jazzer. Anyway guess this doesn't help you with the new one , just thought you might like to know what they used to build. Again as has been said, play it and if you like it buy it!!!! Price seems quite low for a "New Professional model" of anything... Would have thought it would be in the $3- 4,000. Richard

Reply To Post

1. by jkoosed
      (2 posts)

16 years ago

Re: new pro Buffet alto sax

Thanks, Richard. I don't know how the superDynaction you mentioned relates to the Buffet, but I did buy the Buffet and am thrilled with it. I agree with you about the price — when I was shopping I didn't hear anything close to it for less than $3-4K. Before I purchased the horn, I took it into my repair shop and the sales and repair guys liked it so much they ordered the alto, tenor, and bari Buffets and will now begin carrying them. If anyone else is shopping for a sax, you owe the Buffet a listen. I couldn't be happier with mine. Wonderful tone, easy to play, beautiful finish with lots of engraving. All for under $2K!

Reply To Post