Hey, I have a problem with the

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Custom Z neck problem

friend of mine in the band had same prob. he call the company and they sent him a new one, with new neck, no prob.

Reply To Post

1. by saxguy82z
      (6 posts)

16 years ago

do you know what neck they gave him?

Reply To Post

1. by kneejerk52
        (397 posts)

16 years ago

i believe just another stock z neck, but he said it made a world of difference. also if i remember correctly they asked that he would send the old neck back

Reply To Post

1. by Repetti17
          (12 posts)

16 years ago

here's the deal. the custom g1 neck that comes with the 82z is hand pounded, so I have heard that many of them are not quite right. The neck that comes on the 62II is the same custom g1 neck but it is made with a hydroforming process, therefore they are much more even. I would suggest getting one of these necks. If yamaha sent you a 475 neck, I would send it back because there is no way that neck belongs on your horn. Yamaha is usually pretty good about those things. I would go to your local music dealer, explain the problem to them and let them go through yamaha to help you.

Reply To Post

2. by kneejerk52
          (397 posts)

16 years ago

that sounds right, the guy i know takes lessons from a pro that's a rep for yamaha so he prob. had help from him.

Reply To Post

2. by Azsax
        (47 posts)

16 years ago

I once played a half dozen of those at a store. Each one was way out of whack. Maybe find an older neck?

Reply To Post

3. by ki4qwq
        (15 posts)

16 years ago

I have the same problem. However, there is a Custom Z neck that has been made with hydroforming. You can get it from Woodwind Brasswind. When you search alto saxes, select Yamaha, and then scroll down to where you see Alto Sax necks. They have all the necks for all their saxophone models, complete with the different plating options. A hydroformed G1 custom neck is about $250

Reply To Post

1. by chalazon
          (547 posts)

16 years ago

very informative...cool.

Reply To Post