Alright, the new Keilwerth sax

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GeneraloftheSaxArmy
    (4 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Keilwerth SX90R

I own a SX90R tenor and I'm in love. People have problem with the rolled tone holes, but I find no issues with them. The ergonomics are different than your typical sax, but I like them better. But the REAL winner is the sound. Big, fat, rich sound. I wouldn't trade it for anything else. But they aren't for everyone though, so try it out and see. I highly recommend them.

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

16 years ago

Some of the teachers at North Florida U in Jacksonville are playing Keilwerths. However they have kept their Mark Vls and play them sometimes. I've played in saxohone sections with them when they play the Keilwerths and they sound OK. Keilwerths seem kind of high on their prices but appear to be good horns. I don't think any saxophone is as good as the Mark Vl that I always play but that's just me.......Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

16 years ago

My friend Bill Prince, retired from North Florida U, is a Keilwerth artist. I didn't realize this when I wrote the above post. Bill probaby gets his horns for free from Keilwerth. I like his sound better when he plays his Mark Vl but that's just me.......Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM