I want to study some solos, so

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxandbassplayer
    (42 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Transcriptions

I don't know about any transcriptions exactly, but do you maybe have any recordings of these tunes? Because quite frankly, I've gone through that before, and I believe a FAR more effective way at studying a solo is to transcribe it yourself. An easy way to do this is to use a program that slows the music down. Because frankly, it will strengthen your musical ear, you'll train yourself to pick up licks just by listening to them, and... it can be so rewarding when you can recite songs like Adderlys "Au Privave" at will. Just a thought though. I'll look around and see if I can find something for ya :)

Reply To Post

2. by saxitup
    (49 posts)

16 years ago

saxsolos.com

Reply To Post

3. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

16 years ago

Listen to the solo so many times that you can sing along as the player plays it. Then work to play along on your horn. I've never copied solos. I've taken licks (small segments) and used them in my own way. Try to become unique. Most young sax players sound the same to me. (Coltrane clones). The great players of the past didn't have all the short cuts available to them so they had to do things the hard way. They created individual styles. You can always tell who is playing without reading the CD cover .....Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

4. by Joe Bananas
    (71 posts)

16 years ago

Hi MVDMSax, here you have, enough i think, to spend a while studying...enjoy it. chnani.club.fr/ejma/ejrelev.html Best Regards

Reply To Post