Saxophone Forum

by Hexaclon
(90 posts)
20 years ago

Help with my buescher true tone!! please!!

Hi everyone! I have a little problem; my True tone is not tuning well. The middle B tunes very high and the octave B tunes very low. I noticed that the neckpiece is different from the moderns saxes. It seems that the modern necks are higher than the buescher's neck. Anywho, I tried the Buescher with a conn shooting star neckpiece and it tunes better, much better. But the thing is that now I'm watching a True tone tenor on ebay with the same neck that gives me problems. The question is, do I buy another neck or do you guys think it might be the action of the instrument that is to high? S.O.S. Peace, Love and Music

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by selmersaxman
    (13 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Help with my buescher true tone!! please!!

Many of those horn's (and many old horns in general)do not play so well in tune. Sometimes it can be a particular range of the instrument. Sometimes it's certain notes. It can be many things. I once had a Conn Curved Soprano, that I had to get rid of cause I just couldn't take the uncertainty. But you should get your horn checked out for leaks. And sometimes the mouthpiece may not be the best for a certain horn. And maybe let another player play it and see if he has the same problem with it. Good luck.

Reply To Post

2. by Lefty
    (21 posts)

20 years ago

The old Buescher saxes play most accurately in tune with the appropriate old Buescher mouthpiece. If the Buescher mouthpiece is not available, then something similar: almost no baffle, large round chamber, etc. Rubber Links, Brillharts...... Lefty

Reply To Post

3. by Lefty
    (21 posts)

20 years ago

The old Buescher saxes play most accurately in tune with the appropriate old Buescher mouthpiece. If the Buescher mouthpiece is not available, then something similar: almost no baffle, large round chamber, etc. Rubber Links, Brillharts...... Lefty

Reply To Post

1. by Hexaclon
      (90 posts)

20 years ago

Thanks dudes!! I will take check the sax with a diferent mouthpiece and if does not go well then I will take it to the repair man. thanks Peace, love and music

Reply To Post AIM