Saxophone Forum

by sax_maniac
(984 posts)
20 years ago

BG Sax Harness

Another rave about some new gear I'm trying... I favor the dual shoulder harness as opposed to the traditional neck strap, and I've been using one for about nine months and absolutely love it. It's not a BG harness, but my new one is, and the BG is absolutely top notch. It adjusts smoothly, goes on easy, and has a nice spring clip on the end. Sell the Neotech thing you thought was comfortable to a buddy and get yourself one of those BG's!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by DLGiacobassi
    (2 posts)

20 years ago

Re: BG Sax Harness

I am currently unable to play for a few months due to neck problems which are causing elbow and finger problems. I have been researching new straps. I currently have been using a BG neck strap. Am thinking about the BG Harness. Some questons I have. I play the tenor. Female player so I play with horn on my side. Is the strap capable of being adjusted for proper hand position with side play? Can't find a picture of the back view of strap. How far now the back is the main support? I have also looked at the Smart Srap and the Slider Dual Shoulder stap. Anyone have any suggestions. I am on the smaller side and need something that is adjustable in the shoulders and waist. Help

Reply To Post

1. by baronvonmeskel
      (17 posts)

19 years ago

They have harnesses cut for both men and women. It's very adjustable. I play bari so when I sit I have to play on the side, and that works well for me. I started using the BG sax harness and love it. I play bari and it has given me a lot of back problems, but the harness helps. However, the hook is kind of cheap and the damn thing broke off of mine after 2 years of use. Other than that, I loved the thing.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

19 years ago

The only problem I have with a harness is that I play keyboard, tenor and alto and often keyboard and sax in the same song, and I sing. The thing I like about a strap is that I can swing my sax behind me when I'm playing keys. I use a Neotech strap. They're very comfortable.

Reply To Post Yahoo!