Saxophone Forum

by Spike
(248 posts)
20 years ago

STUCK!

We've all had songs stuck in your heads, but what can be done to remove them? My best strategy is to go listen to the song a couple times; it usually leaves. What's worse is having just a part of a song stuck, such as a bass line. That can make it hard to tell what you're hearing, and it'll never leave!! My favorite though, is that for a week, a friend and mentor of mine (Tom Giampietro) had Toxic by Britney Spears stuck in his head. Since he only knew one line, he'd sing it ocasionally for us, great fun (I'm addicted to you, don't you know that your toxic!) So, what's everybody's best way to get rid of stuck songs?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

20 years ago

Re: STUCK!

Have sex while listening to it. At least when it goes through your head, you have something positive to associate it with. I've had Charlie Parker stuck in my head recently, but I don't think my back could take the tempo for a whole song. At least "Moose the Mooche" has some nice hesitations.

Reply To Post

2. by spottspidermunki
    (55 posts)

20 years ago

man i get Toxic stuck in my head all the time. and the thing is, i can't stand that song. but that screeching part gets stuck in my head and wont leave. i always seem to have a song stuck in my head, so once i tire of that song i listen to something different, and have it stuck in my head. so i kinda rotate i guess u could say. hehe. i also associate songs w/ ladies. for instance, i think of "Spooky" by Atlanta Rhthym Section whenever i talk to a particular girl. so i have a mixture of songs in my head all the time, some happy, some sad. haha i also have pink floyd stuck in my head often, "Money" in particular. my cure is just to listen to something different. Joel

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Spunky2sax75
      (75 posts)

20 years ago

Well, I don't see what this has to do with saxes, but anyways... I usually listen to the song and then listen to other ones and that usually gets it out of my head. Good luck getting that crappy song out of your head spidermunki person. haha

Reply To Post