Saxophone Forum

by vintage-markVI
(12 posts)
20 years ago

opinions on grassi saxes...

i'm about to buy a grassi soprano from a friend. it plays really well....i like the whole feel it gives me...and its only $500. what do you guys think of them?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by frostshardz
    (23 posts)

20 years ago

Re: opinions on grassi saxes...

to tell you the truth... ive nv heard of them be4. it should be from ABC manfacturers from taiwan or china. well dats wad i think... in my opinion.. i suggest its better to save up a little longer and get a better saxophone maybe from yamaha or keilwerth. maybe yani... trust me... you'll regret it after you buy it and find something better... it'll hurt when you find that no one ones to buy it from you cause no one has heard bout it.... well.. just my opinion.. hoped it help.. remember.. you pay for wad you get... :) p.s. try to try a variety of saxes be4 you buy... go to a local store to check all of em out

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
      (767 posts)

20 years ago

IIRC, Grassi is/was an Italian manufacturer. The little I've heard about them seem to indicate they were allright. I have no idea who/where Grassi is manufactured today if it's a name being used still.

Reply To Post

1. by golferguy675
        (600 posts)

20 years ago

I see a lot of Grassi saxes on Ebay, and a lot of the time when you see a brand of sax on Ebay you've never heard of before, and it says it's great, it's a total POS. But I've never played one, so I could be wrong. Ask him to let you try it out for few days. If he won't let you then screw him and keep your money, becuase he might be trying to rip you off.

Reply To Post

1. by vintage-markVI
          (12 posts)

20 years ago

i had it at my house for about a month. so i'm plenty familiar with how it plays/feels. i know it isn't any selmer paris or brand new yamaha...but for me right now it is alright. it would be different if it played like crap or was always out of tune...but its a perfectly fine saxophone. after high school my whole sax line up will be upgraded anyways...so like i said for now i am happy.

Reply To Post