Saxophone Forum

by STEVE GOODSON
(291 posts)
16 years ago

Our new online store is open!

No horns yet, but they're on the way. We're still tweaking and putting up pictures and additional items. www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by JBTSAX
    (364 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Our new online store is open!

Isn't that nice. ; )

Reply To Post

1. by STEVE GOODSON
      (291 posts)

16 years ago

It will be nice for the consumers. We've lowered prices significantly becuase we have substantially reduced the size of the "food chain". We are strictly contract manufacturers, and do not deal with agents or middlemen. I'm paying out the back door of the factory prices. The savings are passed along to the customers. We will maintain a minimal dealer network for our products. Most musical merchandise is now sold on the internet, and we will follow that model. This enables us to reduce costs. The dealers we have will be paying cash for their purchases. I am out of the dealer financing business. They will own the inventory they have. We have increased our offerings of our proprietary porducts such as mouthpieces and necks. We will continue to offer the full line of Saxgourmet and Steve Goodson Model instruments in exactly the same form they were previously offered in (with some new finish options), and will soon have some additional models. We will also be introducing a line of student and intermediate line saxophones in the near future. Sharon and I won't have any partners. We're done with that. We will continue to distribute our products in Europe through www.stevegoodsonsaxophones.com and are currently negotiating setting up an Asian distributor arrangement to sell our products in China, Japan, Korea, and other Asian nations. Our business model is based on efficient operation and lower prices for the end user. So far, it has proven to be quite successful. We will allow the consumer to bypass the local retail music store and the wholesale distributor and their markups, and pass the savings along to the customer. The customer will be able to make the choice as to whether the services offered by the local store are really worth the increased cost.

Reply To Post

1. by JBTSAX
        (364 posts)

16 years ago

My, isn't that nice.

Reply To Post

1. by saxxsymbol
          (217 posts)

16 years ago

Hey Steve, how soon before you have the bari's in stock and when do you expect the intermediate and student lines saxes available? I know a middle school band director who wants to know. He plays trumpet in our big band and saw and heard the Steve Goodson bari today. He is very interested in those and some tenors , so am I. He doesn't know his budget yet. Send me a pm if you like. Thanks, saxxsymbol

Reply To Post

2. by STEVE GOODSON
          (291 posts)

16 years ago

We hope to have the Steve Goodson Model series and Saxgourmet series back in stock in full within 60 days. The student and intermediate horns are most likely 90 days away. The intermediate horn will be the same as the Orpheo (a really good design that was very successful) with the name "Bon Fils" (that's Good Son in French) and a different finish option. Other than that, it will be identical and have all of the features previously offered. The price will be lower! The student model which is to replace what I previously sold under the Vespro brand is being redesigned and improved. That was a really good horn for beginners, but we're going to make it even better! The price is coming down there, too. Sharon and I have still not decided on a name for that series.

Reply To Post