Saxophone Forum

by tyler fields
(8 posts)
15 years ago

can anyone tell me how to growl

can anyone help me? ive been trying and trying but i cant get it and i need to learn before May. please help!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by newreedsyndrome
    (343 posts)

15 years ago

Re: can anyone tell me how to growl

This question has been asked and answered MANY times in this forum. dig around a bit, youll find it

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

15 years ago

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

15 years ago

Tyler, why do you keep on asking the same questions?............Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by chalazon
        (547 posts)

15 years ago

I think there is a surgical procedure that will, in effect, produce the desired results..of course, you won't be able to talk after the operation....why do they call it growl.?..'cause that's what you do..you growl.

Reply To Post

1. by paul_matulef
          (2 posts)

15 years ago

Hey Tyler: Seems that everyone else here want to send you on a wild goose chase. There may be many opinions on what a "growl" actually is. But one possible technique can involve vibrating the area near the top/back of your mouth while maintaining something close to your normal embrochure. You can start by trying to imitate a cats "purrrrr". Try doing it without vibrating your tongue and only vibrating the top/back of your mouth. If it seems unnatural, just take your time and re-approach it over time. Not unlike an asian person having trouble pronouncing the difference between "r's" and "l's". Or whistling for the first time.

Reply To Post

2. by LC
          (25 posts)

14 years ago

You have got to be kidding me. Kelsey has it right. But what he didn't say is to vibrate your vocal chords while playing. Or just hum while you play. Or just Grrrrrrrrrr. This Paul dude is the one sending you on a wild goose chase!

Reply To Post