Saxophone Forum

by jasonpw
(1 post)
20 years ago

Sheet Music...help!

Does anyone know where I can find cheap sheet music (used is great)? I am really looking for sheet music for the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack, but no luck so far. I was also looking for a good practice book...I am fairly experienced, I have been playing for about 6 years. Thanks for all the help!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Spike
    (248 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Sheet Music...help!

I could be wrong, but I don't remember pirates being out yet. As for a practice book, what do you want to practice? For scalles and patterns, i'd say salviani-iasalli or klose, for etudes, i enjoy the bergiguier flute book. If it's jazz ye be after, just play along with cds. You might want the real bok though, it's pretty helpfull.

Reply To Post

2. by karebear1012
    (395 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Sheet Music...help!

hey! In marching band, we're doing a Pirates of the Caribbean song that has each song. If you go to www.jwpepper.com, and search Pirates of the Caribbean, you can listen to it for free..I'm not sure if you can buy a solo copy of it, but it definately makes a great band performance! What do you mean a good practice book? Like a lesson book? The Rubank series is great. I'm working on Rubanks Advanced Method Vol. 2, and that basically gives you scales and duets/exercises in all different keys. If you want jazz books, Lennie Nehause is really good. He's got 3 levels. Hope this helped! Kara

Reply To Post