Saxophone Forum

by SaxMan
(559 posts)
20 years ago

Who here bought the VI tenor?

I was emailed by someone named "melissa K" asking me aobut her sax, which was a 1959 silver palted VI tenor, with 2 meyer m/ps, and otto link mouthpiece and a soloist. So anyways, she wasted my time and all that asking qustions under the pretense of selling it to me for a grand. She told me someone from the detroit area from saxquest was going to check it out, and she sold it to him. Who was it? I'm not annoyed at you or anything, just her for wasting my time, but I am curious, how does it play, and how does it look? does it look like it has been played for 2 years, or say 15? does it play like 10 grand, or the 1 grand you payed for it? and could you take some pictures?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Who here bought the VI tenor?

You were going to accept a horn like that for $1000? Shame on you. Maybe it had something to do with your being such a weenie.

Reply To Post

1. by SaxMan
      (559 posts)

20 years ago

I told her what it was potentially worth, she just told me that if she could sell it for a grand, it would make everyone happy - her, her grandfather and the buyer.

Reply To Post

1. by sax_maniac
        (984 posts)

20 years ago

Maybe nobody bought it. Maybe she decided to keep it once she found out how much it was worth. Maybe the person who bought it doesn't really want to talk about it.

Reply To Post

1. by chiamac
          (586 posts)

20 years ago

how could you waste your time on her? seriously, i do this for fun (anything on the internet save a few emails for jobs and school) and so far no one has made me stay up late, made me spend time on them, or made me put any sort of effort into thinking about them. take right now for example, I need to be up at 5 and it's 1030 - I can't sleep. So I'm spending this time doodleing around in some forum sites. anyway, (saxman) for being as brash and arragant as you are it's funny that you would admit to giving someone the time of day on this forum. if i were like you I would be all like "well she didn't reply, so it's her loss" or something like that.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by selmergirl
          (2 posts)

20 years ago

Thanks maniac ;)

Reply To Post