Saxophone Forum

by saxgrobie
(86 posts)
20 years ago

How much could I sell my old sax for?

I'm thinking about selling my old alto saxphone.(I'm saving up for a 1969 fastback Mustang, yeah baby yeah!) My old sax is an Armstrong and I bought it about five years ago, when I was a starting band for the first year. I played it for two years, and since I got my Jupiter, its just been sitting around for three years. I have no idea what year it is, I can only guess its about 15 years old. Its pretty beat up to be honest. There's one or two little dents in it, but a lot of the brass on one side of it has rubbed away. It can play fine, I mean its no professional quality sax, but it would be fine for a beginner . When I bought it, I thought I was just bad, but my sax teacher played on it, and he recommended I get it looked at. Turns out it need new screws and new pads. I replaced them and after that, it played considerably better. I payed $250 for it, but I think I could get more for it since it had so much work done on it. What do you think I could sell for? Thanks for the help, Kelsey

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by YanagisawA-901
    (312 posts)

20 years ago

Re: How much could I sell my old sax for?

id say like..300, haha and that isnt gonna buy a fastback ill tell ya that right now cupcake...haha that might buy on the of the exhaust tips on that bad boy...search around tho, see how much ppl would buy for it, and then go for the one thats the most, maybe try a trade in a local sax shop, they usually give good money, i got 400 for my cheap ass vito student sax..just look around

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by saxgrobie
      (86 posts)

20 years ago

Re: How much could I sell my old sax for?

haha, thanks Mike. I didn't figure it was much, but hey, every penny counts. It has everything with it: mouthpeice, lig, cap, neck, strap, and a really nice case. (I could peel all the stickers off!) My car is $6500. I'm no where near that, but I'm just working toward the downpayment . . . hey maybe my parents will have mercy on me. Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM