Saxophone Forum

by vande1713
(3 posts)
15 years ago

Which one?

First of all, what is the difference between Bundy and Bundy II? If there is already a discussion about this I'm sorry. It's just I am looking for an Alto saxphone for our son and he is only 9. His school is lacking of funding and parents have to either rent or buy the instrument. For rent, they'll charge me $119.00 the first 4 months. Then if we want to rent to own option, the payment after the first 4 months it goes down to $49 a month. We can't afford $119 a month righr now. Then we started to look around. There are 3 people want to sell sax around us right now. One offered $500 for Yamaha(don't know exactly which series...) Then another one for $450. Then the last one Bundy II by Selmar U.S.A for $300. I found "Jim's list" and found name Bundy. But I don't know if it is the same thing as to Bundy II. Which offer should we take? Yamaha for 450 or 500? or Bundy II for 300?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jaketg99
    (3 posts)

15 years ago

Re: Which one?

Well actually there is a 3rd option.. check e-bay they have alot of school saxaphones there BRAND NEW for as little as 300 dollars and they even come in different colors that school age children would die for

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

15 years ago

dont go ebay. its a shot in the dark. you really dont know what youre getting until you get it. get the yamaha. get the one thats in the best condition. make sure the body tube is straight. have someone play it before you buy it. hope your son has fun playing it

Reply To Post

1. by jaketg99
        (3 posts)

15 years ago

you can get some great deals from ebay.. i got my Yamaha YAS-21 there for only 350 bucks and it's worked like a champ for 10 yrs

Reply To Post

1. by vande1713
          (3 posts)

15 years ago

Thank you very much for your advice. I did look at the e-bay but I wasn' t sure if I have an eye for good ones, not to mention I have never bought anything on e-bay yet! ( I know I'm pretty much behind on people... ;p) After I saw the instrument that we got offered, I think we will decide on Selmer U.S.A. one unless I hear more advice. Again, thank you for your input!

Reply To Post

2. by vande1713
        (3 posts)

15 years ago

Thank you for the reply! Acctually, came to find out that Yamaha that they told us were not Yamaha. One is Conn and the other one is Selmer U.S.A. You can guess how much parents like myself knows about the music instrument! We looked at both today and Selmer U.S.A. is in better condition. I know it is $500 one but I don't want to buy cheaper one then turn around and fix the pads or something. I heard those replacement cost gets pretty expensive. This Selmer U.S.A. has done maintenance not too long ago and very clean. So I think we will go with this one unless you have an opinion about it. I want to listen to as many opinion as possible. So I can make smart decision. Anyway, thank you so much for your input!

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
          (653 posts)

15 years ago

the yamaha will be able to take your kid farther. selmer USAs.... well.... they typically arent the best horns. yamahas are better. more bang for your buck. if you live in the rockford area of illinois id be happy to play them (i know, you dont.... nobody does) id stay away from the conn. while some conns are EXTREAMLY good, some are not. then you get into "the serial number" game.... and the good ones arent too great to learn on i would really suggest the yamaha if finaces allow it

Reply To Post

2. by cuber
          (653 posts)

15 years ago

oh, and with ebay, you really have to know what to look for so you dont get a dud.

Reply To Post