Saxophone Forum

by jazzsaxman
(28 posts)
20 years ago

whats the best new soprano sax under a thousand dollars

anyone know the best under a grand. i know the yamaha intermediate is the best by far but it is almost $2000.00. there must be a really good soprano around say 800-900 dollars that plays in tune and plays easy

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Jack Cici
    (87 posts)

20 years ago

Re: whats the best new soprano sax under a thousand dollars

DEAR JAZZSAXMAN,SOME GOOD NEW SOP PHONES FOR UNDER $800 ARE BANDNOW AND WINSTON.BUT,I WARN YOU DO NOT BY HELMKE OR MONIQUE SAXES!!!!!!!!THEYRE CHEAP AND BREAK EASILY. GOOD LUCK!

Reply To Post

1. by jazzsaxman
      (28 posts)

20 years ago

who has the best price on antigua winds?

Reply To Post

2. by karebear1012
    (395 posts)

20 years ago

I'm not sure how much these soprano saxes cost, but I really like Antigua Winds. My dad got me one, and it plays really well. My teacher is a professional sax player, and he told me that he really likes it. My teacher has a Yanigasawa sax, which he says plays really nicely. If these two brands are too expensive, then I'd just stick with Yamaha. Kara

Reply To Post

1. by golferguy675
      (600 posts)

20 years ago

Saxman

Best price on Antigua... I remember a member Saxman saying the shop he worked at sold those really cheap. I put his name as the subject, so maybe he'll see this and talk to you. If not, try and get his email.

Reply To Post

1. by saxguy9345
        (21 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Saxman

I second the props for an Antigua Wind soprano, I have the YS590 and I'm not looking back. I wish I could get a tenor the same quality of my antigua soprano for lesser price (as is the Antigua soprano). GO for it.

Reply To Post AIM

2. by mandoman
      (8 posts)

20 years ago

i have an antigua winds alto and soprano, the alto is a good horn, and my soprano is great, and i paid 700 for it, i got them to come down from 1200 but its a really good horn for the money

Reply To Post

1. by batbone
        (9 posts)

20 years ago

hey!! ive been playing a monique saprano for two years now and it came with tow necks to me the curve neck plays better and i play long and blow hard i have no problems

Reply To Post